Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Humming,

I understand you're experience an issue with the scanner on your Officejet 4500 printer. I'm sorry to hear about this issue, but I will do my best to help.

This document has the steps to address a scanner failure error message, but as you can see doesn't have too many steps. If after these couple steps you're getting the same error, we can try a different reset on your printer, just let me know and we will go from there!

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

My HP Officejet 4500 cannot scan, copy or fax. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and software. restart the program and the pc but still displays the same message. Extended error information says" 4,[(0,12,80040021),(2,9,80040006),(3,9,0)]. I could not even do a stand alone copy or scan from the printer control panel.

Awaiting your reply on this.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello ALPICDO,

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to make a stand alone copy, scan or fax and are receiving an error message. I would like to help. I have researched this issue for you and have located a troubleshooting document that I suggest following.

If the troubleshooting does not resolve the issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support.

I hope this helps!

A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or F...

*Tip - Ensure the unit is plugged directly into a wall outlet.

Take care,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am struggling with my OfficeJet 4500 printer: no way to scan documents!

The message on the little screen is: no scanning option

In order to try and follow the previous guidance provided, could you please indicate where in my computer I can find the screen that allows to select/ deselect short cuts?? Kindly indicate the steps to reach there, one by one

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi Bertrndjm,

To access the the screen that allows you to select and deselect short cuts you have to open Solution Center. The icon is likely on your desk top, if not open All Programs, the the HP folder and then the Officejet 4500 folder. In the folder you should see Solution Center.

In the Solution Center you then need to click on Settings, then if you put the cursor over or click on Scan Settings you should see the 'Scan to...setup" options. This is where you will find the option to add scan shortcuts to the front panel list.

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

HP solution center does not open for scanning even after uninstalling and reinstalling software. Error msg component missing'',

''C program/hp/digital imaging/bin/hpqscloc/hpqscloc.dll 

HP Recommended

Hi chandy,

I am sorry to hear you are getting an error message "component missing'', C/program/hp/digital imaging/bin/hpqscloc/hpqscloc.dll, when trying to open the scan through solution center. I would recommend you do a different type of uninstall to resolve this issue.

This uninstall is designed for older HP software such as the software the Officejet 4500 uses. If you have a different printer please post back with your product number.

Follow the steps in this document to perform a level-three uninstall, register the Windows Installer Service, and then reinstall the HP software.

Note: The title of this document states it is for a fatal error when installing on XP. The solutions in this document are not limited to that issue or any particular operating system. An uninstall and reinstall of the software deletes and overwrites any of the files that might cause errors and resets the Windows Installer.

Hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

WE moved to Ohio from FL and our printer does not print, it does copy but does not recieve any thing fromthe computer.

How do we get this to work on this computer again ?

HP Recommended

where i can find/open the  "scan to set up " window ?

thanks

HP Recommended

Hello JACKRISIN,

I understand you are unable to print a document. What type of printer do you have? Click here to find out: Model Number. How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB?

What is your operating system on your computer? Windows or Mac?

In the meantime, please run this utility: The Print And Scan Doctor. Please make sure you click on fix printing.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hello aber1911,

I understand your concerns. What type of printer do you have? Click here to find out: Model Number. How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB?

What is your operating system on your computer? Windows or Mac?

Please elaborate further on your issue. Are you unable to scan a document? Are you receiving an error message indicating why you are unable to scan?

I will provide a HP document on 'No Scan Options' or 'Scan settings are not set' Message Displays.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I worked on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.