01-18-2013 03:10 AM
Window 7 64-bit. The scanner talks to the PC and I can scan a few pages in duplex using the document feeder, but then the job just stops with an error. No error code is given on the scanner or the PC. I am using the TWAIN driver, as the WIA driver doesn't give a duplex function.
02-21-2013 05:50 PM
David, so when you are trying to duplex scan multiple pages the machine stops and gives you an error code - is that right?
First what is that error code, because that will provide me with the specific nature of the problem. (I am a little confused when you say it stops with an error, but htere is no error on the printer or PC.)
Second, we are going to uninstall and reinstall the driver from the driver download with my custom instructions on what we are going to do -
02-17-2015 02:02 AM
Hi I've the same problem or maybe very similar.
My system is Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit, the printer is wireless connected by router and works properly for printing but during the scanning operations it stops after 2 or 3 pages, in the middle of the page not returning the last page scan, without continuing even if there are more pages loaded.
With HP Print and Scan doctor sw (v. 4.6) , it results the following error (yellow danger triangle): Scanning by windows (WIA)
I tried the solution proposed, but seems not working indeed.
What more can I do?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers