Question

Honor Student
DavidHTx
Message 1 of 2 (389 Views)

OfficeJet 8600 Pro Plus won't scan more than a few pages

Window 7 64-bit.  The scanner talks to the PC and I can scan a few pages in duplex using the document feeder, but then the job just stops with an error.  No error code is given on the scanner or the PC.  I am using the TWAIN driver, as the WIA driver doesn't give a duplex function.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 2 (359 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 8600 Pro Plus won't scan more than a few pages

David, so when you are trying to duplex scan multiple pages the machine stops and gives you an error code - is that right? 

First what is that error code, because that will provide me with the specific nature of the problem. (I am a little confused when you say it stops with an error, but htere is no error on the printer or PC.)

Second, we are going to uninstall and reinstall the driver from the driver download with my custom instructions on what we are going to do - 

First if you use a USB cord, make sure to remove it. Do not plug it back in until the software directs you to. Then go through the Devices and Printers, Programs and Features and Device Manager folders and insure that all copies, files, and programs related to the printer are removed. Then as directed, restart the computer. 

In the START menu type "%temp%" and press ENTER. Here I want you to press Ctrl+A and hit DELETE. Some of the files will not allow you to delete them, skip those files and delete the majority that allows it. 

Then follow this link to download the full feature software and drivers for the printer: 

Install that and let me know the result! 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation