Question

Intern
Intern
RML
Message 1 of 6 (1,342 Views)

OfficeJet G85 will not scan to Word in computer

I have tried changing USB to Parallel Cable to no avail.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.  The text I scan to Word is jumbled and not able to edit.  It is hideous.  The G85 is wonderful in all respects except this and it is only 8 years old and has been an integral part of my home office since then.

Any suggestions?      RML

Student
geziebarth
Message 2 of 6 (1,077 Views)

Re: OfficeJet G85 will not scan to Word in computer

I am having the same probelm, after 7 years of this Officejet G85 working perfectly.  I have loaded and reload software, cleaned up files, etc.  I do get one error when tryng to setup from disk, saying "Failed to update the system registery. Try using REGEDIT".  Did you ever get any resolution to your issue?  Thanks.

Tutor
printermax
Message 3 of 6 (1,062 Views)

I got this tip from HP forum and applied it, solved my scanner driver problem at once. Here is the tip:
In Windows click run, then type "regedit" click OK go into the registry window.
Then find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
               |_ SYSTEM
                     |_ Current Control Set
                          |_ Control
                               |_ Class
                                    |_ {6BDD1FC6-810F-11DO-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

This is where your computer's "IMAGING DEVICES" registry hides. e.g. scanner, etc.

The registry MUST be like following format:
Name                               Type                         Data
(Default)                        REG_SZ                      Imaging Devices
Class                            REG_SZ                      Image 
Icon                              REG_SZ                      0
Installer32                    REG_SZ                      sti_ci.dll,ClassInstall
TroubleShooter-0        REG_SZ                      hcp://help/tshoot/tsInputDev.htm

IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 5 INPUTS, DELETE ALL VIA RIGHT CLICK.

Then, even if you had installed before, uninstall first and reinstall your scanner driver again,  restart your computer and your scanner should work properly.
Enjoy...!

Intern
Intern
RML
Message 4 of 6 (1,055 Views)

Printermax........I went to regedit and found your email to be correct, however, it was exactly like your scribe and my scanner still will not work.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the G85 disc to no avail.  Any more suggestions that might work?  Hopefully, we can come up with a solution other than buying a Brother which does work.

Intern
Intern
RML
Message 5 of 6 (1,054 Views)

geziebarth.........I have had no luck with the G85 scanning to word so I bought a Brother which does work.  I am still using the G85 in my home office for other than scanning to word.

Intern
Intern
RML
Message 6 of 6 (1,040 Views)

Here is what I find fascinating about this forum........HP is monitoring this forum for content and solutions to problems but at no time does HP offer solutions to problems we have with their products.  After 5 years of not being able to scan to word with my G85, HP will not offer a solution.  If we as customers cannot provide a solution, what the hell are we to do when HP will not provide one as well?  I am venting.  Sorry

RML wrote:

I have tried changing USB to Parallel Cable to no avail.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.  The text I scan to Word is jumbled and not able to edit.  It is hideous.  The G85 is wonderful in all respects except this and it is only 8 years old and has been an integral part of my home office since then.

Any suggestions?      RML

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation