Question

Student
Trace342
Message 1 of 1 (158 Views)

Officejet 4500 Scanner Error

I have had My HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All in one for about a year and a half, and up until recently it worked wonderfully.  Today I tried to scan and I keep getting an error message indicating that an error occurred connecting to the HP Imaging device.  I have uninstalled and re-installed software twice, I found a link on these message boards to run a diagnostic, and did - it indicated a driver was missing (that's the second time I re-installed software), I downloaded a patch for scanning issues....none of this has worked, I still can not scan.  I can print fine - but can not scan.

If I'm missing a driver - or a driver is corrupt a) why is it not being fixed with software re-install using original CD, b) where can I download this driver or a fix for this problem.

I hate to have to buy a new all-in-one when it is just this one feature that is not working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation