02-13-2012 12:14 PM
I have had My HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All in one for about a year and a half, and up until recently it worked wonderfully. Today I tried to scan and I keep getting an error message indicating that an error occurred connecting to the HP Imaging device. I have uninstalled and re-installed software twice, I found a link on these message boards to run a diagnostic, and did - it indicated a driver was missing (that's the second time I re-installed software), I downloaded a patch for scanning issues....none of this has worked, I still can not scan. I can print fine - but can not scan.
If I'm missing a driver - or a driver is corrupt a) why is it not being fixed with software re-install using original CD, b) where can I download this driver or a fix for this problem.
I hate to have to buy a new all-in-one when it is just this one feature that is not working.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax