Question

Student
mrfatboy
Message 1 of 6 (2,891 Views)

Officejet 5610 will not scan from computer ("no document in feeder" error message)

I have windows 7 x64 Pro with a Officejet 5610 All in one printer/scanner.  When I try to scan (flatbed) from the PC I get a "no document in feeder" error message when I press the scan button.  I have tried scanning from the HP software, Import scan from MS Paint, Import scan from Windows Live Picture Gallery, etc.  They all give the same error.

However,  If I manually press the "SCAN" button on the printer the scan is sucessful.  Also, If I run the HP Scanner Diagnostic Tool v3.0 all of the tests pass and the test scan is completed correctly.

I have downloaded the latest FULL suite of HP drivers including both scanner and printer patches.  I have also used HP's software update.  All software is up to date and installed corrrectly.

Does anybody know why I can't scan from the computer?  Why am I getting a "no document in feeder" error when I'm just trying to scan from the flatbed?

Student
hermil
Message 2 of 6 (2,589 Views)

Re: Officejet 5610 will not scan from computer ("no document in feeder" error message)

Any time i try to scan i wil get a message saying no scan options

Student
WarriorMomChgo
Message 3 of 6 (2,201 Views)

Re: Officejet 5610 will not scan from computer ("no document in feeder" error message)

YOu should be able to use the HP IMAGE part of the software to scan. I just did photo proofs.   I believe you can go to accessories and select scanner it should pick up yuo HP  if not try uninstalling. reinstalling  I am not expert but I don't think yours is installed properly - I did not use the button on the machine though I did all from puter. If you reinstall do not connect until it tells you to connect.  Those are the only things I can think of hope it helped.

Oh Doyou want the scanned doc to print or be on you computer?

Student
wwenglish
Message 4 of 6 (1,667 Views)

You actually need to import documents from the HP5610.

Start- All programs-Windows photo Gallery- File- Import from camera or scanner.

Student
williams100
Message 5 of 6 (440 Views)

Hi !

I 'm operating on Microsoft Window XP [32 bits]

As the above subject implies my scanning function does not  work !   Copy/Fax are perfect.

I have read many of the soluctions with no avail.

How can I restore the scanning function ?

Many thanks,

Williams 100

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 6 of 6 (424 Views)

Hi williams100

I understand you can print but you can't scan.

I would download and run the Print and Scan Doctor to fix common printing and scanning problems.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03275041&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=441...

Follow the steps below to check the WIA Service:
Go to start, run, type services.msc in run or search program and files.
Scroll down to the WIA Windows Image Acquisition
Make sure that this service is running. Click Stop, and then Restart to make sure.
Restart the computer.

Restart the Dependencies services:
Click on Start, run,  type services.
Scroll down until you see Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
Double click on it and go to the tab called Dependencies.
Two services should be listed.
Exit that window and look for Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
Make sure it’s on manual or if it is on Auto, just leave it. Make sure the service is started though.
Go to Shell Hardware Detection and Double click.
Set the Start up Type as Manual and hit Apply.
You should be able to Start the service by hitting Start.
Now you are done and the Twain Manager should be working and not give you an error.

Check dependencies or sub dependencies:

Right click on WIA (Windows Imaging Acquisition) selecting first properties and then the dependencies tab. It should list:

Remote Procedure Call RPC  and  Shell Hardware Detection.
Under RPC it will then list DCOM Service Process Launcher and RPC Endpoint Mapper. Go back to the main services.msc list and then right click and start all the items listed as dependencies or sub dependencies under WIA.

If you require further assistance please provide the following so I can assist you better.

Are you getting any errors when trying to scan?

How is the printer connected? (usb/ethernet/wireless)

If it is networked, try scanning by connecting the printer with a usb cable to the computer to see if it will scan.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation