Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The Officejet 5610 has quit scanning.  There are no error messages, it just hangs.  I have the latest driver and I also have a Scanjet 4890 on the same computer which scans just fine.  The 4890 just doesn't have all the features that the 5610 has for scanning.

Anyone know of a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem solved.

I found the workaround.

1.  Go to Devices & Printers

2.  Right click on the HP 5610 icon

3.  Select Start Scan and set the profile

4.  Start the scan.

It performs as it should.

If I use the feeder, I have to cancel the automatic HP Solution Center that comes up because that is where the problem lies.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having a problem with the scanning. 

Perform a hard reset on the printer. Unplug the power cord from the back. Leave it out for 30 seconds and plug it back in. 

Try to run the print and scan doctor and check the results. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03275041

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

The Scan Doctor finds no problems - except:

When the window appears for the HP TWAIN Scan it shows the following:

HP Officejet 5600 TWAIN 1.0 (32-32)

HP Scanjet 4800 series TWAIN 1.0 (32-32)

WIA-HP Officejet 5600 1.0 (32-32)

WIA-HP Scanjet 4800 series 1.0 (32-32)

If I select the HP Officejet 5600 TWAIN 1.0 (32-32), the scanning hangs and the Scan Doctor fails at that point.

If I select the WIA-HP Officejet 5600 1.0 (32-32), the Scan Doctor completes the tests with no errors.  But when I do the TEST SCAN, the process goes through the scanning setups and then hangs.

If I use the Control Panel / Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers / HP Officejet 5600 Series / Scanner Actions  and then "Scan a document or photo" the scanner does the scan and saves a pdf file.

Anyone have a clue as to what all that means?

HP Recommended

Problem solved.

I found the workaround.

1.  Go to Devices & Printers

2.  Right click on the HP 5610 icon

3.  Select Start Scan and set the profile

4.  Start the scan.

It performs as it should.

If I use the feeder, I have to cancel the automatic HP Solution Center that comes up because that is where the problem lies.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.