Question
Officejet 6500 will not Scan to Computer, says "No Computer Detected"
Replies (14)

Student
khanmech
Message 11 of 15 (9,742 Views)

Re: Officejet 6500 will not Scan to Computer, says "No Computer Detected"

I am having the same issue with a windows 7 64-bit system and a mac. The printer is connected via lan to a wireless router. the windows system in connecting via lan, the mac via wireless. First the windows system dropped off the scan options, then a few days later the mac system is now gone. Printer has a static IP. Both computers can print. I have cycled the power numerous times to all components numerous times.

This is seriously the last HP product I will ever buy. It has been nothing but a PITA. Brother has a color LED printer on sale, Thinking I'll go get one, and add on a scansnap scanner.

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 12 of 15 (9,721 Views)

I am not sure if you have tried the document I linked below but if you have not please try it and let me know if it worked or not.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02450835

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Student
mzimm
Message 13 of 15 (9,500 Views)

This is the worst printer I have ever owned.  Continual problems.  I just had a scanning problem a few weeks ago when I was getting a different error message.   I had to remove and reinstall all software.....now three weeks later and i am getting another scanning message.   I work from home and every time i try to do anything from printing to copying to scanning there is a problem.  it makes getting any work down frustrating and impossible.  not to mention that this printer burns through ink.....unbelievable!  I will never buy another HP printer.  

Student
Granny53
Message 14 of 15 (6,181 Views)

I had the same problem. However, go to Windows fax and scan. The printer will scan using the windows software. I scanned and emailed with no problem after hours of trying to figure out where the icon went. Using windows 7.

Student
Foster123
Message 15 of 15 (2,684 Views)

I have same problem

Called HP and all they would let me know is that I am out of warranty and i should cal their paid help desk

last HP ever

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation