03-08-2012 08:31 PM
I am having the same issue with a windows 7 64-bit system and a mac. The printer is connected via lan to a wireless router. the windows system in connecting via lan, the mac via wireless. First the windows system dropped off the scan options, then a few days later the mac system is now gone. Printer has a static IP. Both computers can print. I have cycled the power numerous times to all components numerous times.
This is seriously the last HP product I will ever buy. It has been nothing but a PITA. Brother has a color LED printer on sale, Thinking I'll go get one, and add on a scansnap scanner.
03-12-2012 01:06 PM
I am not sure if you have tried the document I linked below but if you have not please try it and let me know if it worked or not.
Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
05-28-2012 03:28 PM
This is the worst printer I have ever owned. Continual problems. I just had a scanning problem a few weeks ago when I was getting a different error message. I had to remove and reinstall all software.....now three weeks later and i am getting another scanning message. I work from home and every time i try to do anything from printing to copying to scanning there is a problem. it makes getting any work down frustrating and impossible. not to mention that this printer burns through ink.....unbelievable! I will never buy another HP printer.
06-24-2013 02:26 PM
I had the same problem. However, go to Windows fax and scan. The printer will scan using the windows software. I scanned and emailed with no problem after hours of trying to figure out where the icon went. Using windows 7.
04-18-2014 02:05 AM
I have same problem
Called HP and all they would let me know is that I am out of warranty and i should cal their paid help desk
last HP ever
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers