12-02-2011 01:18 PM
I just installed a HP Officejet 6500A and when scanning to email, I get the error, "The HP Scan application is unable to open your email application and/or cannot attach the scan to a new email. Please check your email configuration and try again." I tried scanning with Outlook open and closed. If I change the default email program to Outlook Express, it appears to launch Outlook Express, but it's useless since the client can't use Outlook Express in their setup.
PC is XP Pro 32bit with Outlook 2007. Outlook is connected to an Exchange 2010 server.
Thanks for any help.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax