Question

Honor Student
dougt229
Message 1 of 5 (2,199 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Scanning software limited or can it be used via Photoshop?

Good Morning...

I am using the HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Prod# CV078A on a Macintosh OS 10.6.8 macbook Pro (2.8ghz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4GB DDR3 RAM).

I am trying to do some scanning for the first time since I newly purchased this machine, and I am running into some quality issues. Scanning works fine once I figured I had to use the HP Scan utility software instead of accessing the scanner through Photoshop like I always had done previously with my HP Photosmart 2600 (that I had for 5+ years). 

The HP Scan scanner software (HP Scan v3.7.9 (59) ) seems very limited. 

My questions are:

• Is there a way to scan through Photoshop (either CS3, 4, 5, or 5.5) TWAIN instead of using the HP Scan software?

• There are no scan quality options other than some simple rotates, crop, and very limited color correction, plus some preferences that allow for glass size/dpi adjustments. What about scanning at larger percentages, descreening, and some more detailed image agjustment options? 

Thanks in advance. 

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 5 (2,193 Views)

Re: Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Scanning software limited or can it be used via Photoshop?

Hi,

Scanning through Photoshop is not supported by the product.

The latest HP Software only support the Apple ICA module. Twain is no longer supported by the Mac OS Software.

You may try scanning using the Image Capture application.

From there you may also set to launch the scanned file using Photoshop by settings the Scan To value.

NOTE:You can click Show Details to view settings and options

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
dougt229
Message 3 of 5 (2,181 Views)

Re: Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Scanning software limited or can it be used via Photoshop?

Thanks Shlomi... 

That solves the Photoshop question, but what about the HP Scan software's ability to perform functions such as descreening (to reduce moire effects), adding noise, scanning to enlarged percentages, and other image editing abilities...?

This used to be part of the standard scan software on my older HP all-in-one machine. 

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 5 (2,149 Views)

You are welcome :smileyhappy:

Generally, the latest HP Scan 3 software provide some less editing options than previous HP software versions.

You may adjust the color settings by clicking the Adjust icon (9.jpg). Cropping or rotating the scan can be done, however there are no resize options by the software.

Any image editing should to be done with any photo editing software.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
patrick1212
Message 5 of 5 (792 Views)

Can scan documents not a problem.  Pictures scanning is just that it scans it does not enlarge or decrease  size and it is very limited in color adjustments.

Please tell me HP has a photoshop anything to help produce an improved scanned photo.

This is a great printer it would be very disappointing to find it is not capable on any level of producing professional photographs.

Look forward to learning a solution to this dilemma.

Carole Robicheaux

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation