03-18-2014 02:03 PM
Officejet 6700 Premium / Windows 7 - 64
When scanning I can send any number of pages through the machine with no problem and the scanned documents are excellent!
When coping I can only copy eight pages at a time - any more and the screen tells me the memory is full. If more than eight pages are in the tray only the first eight pages will copy. Pages in excess of eight run through the machine but do not copy. So - if I have a 20 page document I have to break it into eight page segments and run each segment through to copy.
Is this normal, a setting, a problem, or what?
Please help me on this issue. Thanks,
03-20-2014 01:14 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I'm sorry to read about the copying issue you are having with your Officejet 6700 Premium only copying 8 pages at a time. I believe the printer may need a Firmware Update, which I will post a link to below. If that doesn't do the trick, Resett the Printer and ensure you are plugging it directly into the wall outlet, avoiding power bars, surge protectors, etc.
Please let me know how it goes!
07-10-2014 02:42 PM
Many thanks to Rainbow 7000 for a fix to my problem!!!!
As suggested firmware and updates were checked and found to be current.
Also suggested was to "reset" the machine which I took to mean to go back to factory defaults. Did this and the printer is working great. I can now put 15 - 20 pages in the tray to be copied. Page one runs half way and printing begins - just like it should.
Apparantly there was a lot of crap stuck in memory that was cleared with the reset to factory defaults.
Again thanks to Rainbow 7000 for the fix to the printer and my sanity!!!!!
07-11-2014 08:16 AM
Hi there @creekman
Thanks for the reply! I am extremely happy to hear the great news! If you have a moment, could you please select my Message 2 as the "Accept as Solution", so others in the community can find our thread?
I would greatly appreciate it!
Have an awesome Friday and great weekend ahead!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers