Officejet 6700 premium - - copy problem (89 Views)
Honor Student
creekman
Message 1 of 4 (89 Views)

Officejet 6700 premium - - copy problem

Officejet 6700 Premium / Windows 7 - 64

When scanning I can send any number of pages through the machine with no problem and the scanned documents are excellent!

When coping I can only copy eight pages at a time - any more and the screen tells me the memory is full.  If more than eight pages are in the tray only the first eight pages will copy.  Pages in excess of eight run through the machine but do not copy.     So - if I have a 20 page document I have to break it into eight page segments and run each segment through to copy.

Is this normal, a setting, a problem, or what?

Please help me on this issue.  Thanks,

Walter

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 4 (67 Views)

Re: Officejet 6700 premium - - copy problem

Hello Walter,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I'm sorry to read about the copying issue you are having with your Officejet 6700 Premium only copying 8 pages at a time. I believe the printer may need a Firmware Update, which I will post a link to below. If that doesn't do the trick, Resett the Printer and ensure you are plugging it directly into the wall outlet, avoiding power bars, surge protectors, etc.

Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates

Please let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
creekman
Message 3 of 4 (20 Views)

Many thanks to Rainbow 7000 for a fix to my problem!!!!

As suggested firmware and updates were checked and found to be current. 

Also suggested was to "reset" the machine which I took to mean to go back to factory defaults.  Did this and the printer is working great.  I can now put 15 - 20 pages in the tray to be copied.  Page one runs half way and printing begins - just like it should.

Apparantly there was a lot of crap stuck in memory that was cleared with the reset to factory defaults.

Again thanks to Rainbow 7000 for the fix to the printer and my sanity!!!!!

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (11 Views)

Hi there @creekman :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the reply! I am extremely happy to hear the great news! If you have a moment, could you please select my Message 2 as the "Accept as Solution", so others in the community can find our thread?

I would greatly appreciate it!

Have an awesome Friday and great weekend ahead!:smileyvery-happy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation