Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My scan to computer has stopped work with my HP Windows 10 PC, i have run scan doctor it states driver error and cannot resolve the issue but i seem to have the latest driver and  the fax does not work either , so only printing works. The set is network connected by ethernet, but i have tried it with a USB cable and on Wireless still the same, any ideas as this has been working successfully for months on windows 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Paul95

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you can't scan from the printer to the computer. The PSDR is showing a driver error. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

If you can't scan from the computer software, then you won't be able to scan from the printer to the computer. Most likely the scanning drivers aren't installed properly or are corrupted.

Can you scan from the HP Scan Software?

Try the steps in this document to see if they will help: After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Scan. Disregard the title. You can skip the steps that you have already tried.

Let me know if the scanning app works.

You can click on the "Accept as Solution" if the issue is resolved and the "Thumbs Up" for my effort. Please keep me posted. Good Luck! 

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Paul95

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you can't scan from the printer to the computer. The PSDR is showing a driver error. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

If you can't scan from the computer software, then you won't be able to scan from the printer to the computer. Most likely the scanning drivers aren't installed properly or are corrupted.

Can you scan from the HP Scan Software?

Try the steps in this document to see if they will help: After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Scan. Disregard the title. You can skip the steps that you have already tried.

Let me know if the scanning app works.

You can click on the "Accept as Solution" if the issue is resolved and the "Thumbs Up" for my effort. Please keep me posted. Good Luck! 

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I downloaded the HP scan app  and yes i can scan using this app from my printer to  computer. Now the  question is then the all in one software is at the latest version so it corrupted as i cannot get a better driver for it.

I can use this app, but its a shame that the software does not work anymore. But thanks for helping me out of this fix much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi @Paul95,

Thanks for letting me know.

The HP Scan App is a more up to date software to use with Windows 10.

You can always uninstall and reinstall the printer software to see if you can still use the HP Scan too.

Here are the links to the how to uninstall the printer software and the latest driver's:

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did the following

Here are the links to the how to uninstall the printer software and the latest driver's:

It still will not scan and states driver error.

HP Recommended

Hi @Paul95,

Since you are still getting a driver error, you can uninstall the printer software and then unlock the Hidden Administrator Account and install the printer on this account to see if that will help with this situation.

Note: Don't connect the USB cable in until prompted during the install.

• Go to your Start menu and under the 'search programs and files' box type CMD.
  • CMD will populate as a search option above, just right click on it and 'run as administrator'.
  • Once CMD (Command Prompt) opens, type net user administrator /active:yes and hit enter.
  • Next, close CMD and restart your computer.
  • When your computer comes on log into the new account that should show. It will be called Administrator and will not have a password on it.
  • If your computer automatically logs into your account after the restart then go to your start menu and click the arrow beside 'shutdown' and choose 'switch user'. Now log into the Administrator account we just unlocked.
  • Under the Administrator account, install the printer software.
  • Test the printer.
  • To turn off the Admin account start back at step 1 and type in net user administrator /active:no.

If you are still having this issue, it may be the User Profile. Create a new User and try installing the printer on that Account.

• Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.
  • Click Manage another account.
  • Click Create a new account.
  • Install the printer on that account.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello, Unfortunately that did not work, even when i did create a new user it still the scanner does not work nor does the fax.

It only prints, the HP scan app does work. I cannot understand what stop this working, my profile is as Admin have all the right, all i can think is HP assistant updated my driver to the latest version, so that all in one printer software does not workor the driver in it is corrected, I guess i will have to wait until HP bring out an updated version.  Thank you so much for spending the time helping me, very much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.