07-27-2009 09:32 PM
I had to reinstall my printer (due to a virus in the computer!). After reinstalling, I am unable to scan successfully. The first time scanning I set up the default for "photo", it scans, I accept and then it try's to send it to HP Image Zone and I get a dialog box stating "Software error in selected tab". I have been able to scan and direct it to a different software (PhotoSuite), but I'm only able to get it to do that once and then it defaults back to HP Image Zone (even though I set PhotoSuite to be the default). I hope this makes sense. I'm so irritated. I spent a lot of money to get the virus off of my computer and now I'm having this issue. UGH!!
FYI... I am able to print. I didn't set up the FAX, no need of it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times....thinking I had done something wrong. Now I know something else is happening! Please help!
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax