Question

Honor Student
prmis
Message 1 of 14 (3,364 Views)

Officejet 7410 - Win 7 - Officejet won't scan properly

After upgrading my OS to Win 7, my Officejet 7410 scan function doesn't seem to work properly.  It goes through the scan process, but, when I save the scanned document to my computer I am unable to locate the file anywhere.

Anyone have the same problem or a fix?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 14 (3,345 Views)

Re: Officejet 7410 - Win 7 - Officejet won't scan properly

prmis wrote:

After upgrading my OS to Win 7, my Officejet 7410 scan function doesn't seem to work properly.  It goes through the scan process, but, when I save the scanned document to my computer I am unable to locate the file anywhere.

Anyone have the same problem or a fix?

The following link may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
prmis
Message 3 of 14 (3,329 Views)

Your work around resolved the scan save issue.  Thanks a lot and have a Merry Christmas!

Honor Student
rlof24
Message 4 of 14 (3,072 Views)

The patch does not work.

I uninstalled and re-installed the software.

I re-installed the patch.

Nothing.

I uninstalled (clean) the software and attempted to re-install older drivers/software. the files will not open.

I did all the above again.

no scans will appear on my computer unless I use another program besides HP.

Very frustrating and aggravating.

Honor Student
rlof24
Message 5 of 14 (3,071 Views)

The patch does not work.

Nothing.

I uninstalled (clean) the software and attempted to re-install older drivers/software. the files will not open.

I did all the above again.

no scans will appear on my computer unless I use another program besides HP.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 14 (3,056 Views)

Re: Officejet 7410 - Win 7 - Scans fine for me

rlof24 wrote:

The patch does not work.

How is the printer connected - wireless, wired LAN or USB?  What driver are you using?  I have an Officejet 7410 connected with Wired LAN and can scan fine using the driver here with 64 bit Windows 7. When you say "nothing" what does that mean?  Are you suing Solution Center?  Doees it see the 7410?  Are you able to do preview scans?  Please provide more details of the issue you are having.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Tutor
7410_at_Home
Message 7 of 14 (2,092 Views)

Re: Officejet 7410 - Win 7 - Scans NOT fine for me

[ Edited ]

I have a 6 mo old laptop, with Win 7 Home Premium (64 bit).

The HP 7410 all in one self installed for wireless connection.

The install disc for the remaining software (hard wired connection) did not install. It took hours to go through the process and eventually hung.

When the printer is connected to the computer, the computer recognizes the existence of the HP 7410 scanner. I can modify properties, but not access any controls (No HP Director or Solution Center exists in Start Menu or Programs).

I have downloaded and installed the driver (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-76971-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...;

No change to availability of access; No HP Director or Solution Center, scanner recognized when attached to computer by USB cord, no way to access controls.

What do I do to get the Solution Center to display and use more functions of my "All in One" than just PRINTING?

So frustrated!

PS: ran scan utility 4.2. It says the scan driver is missing or corrupt (no kidding?!?), and to uninstall. Am uninstalling. Will report more.

Sigh...it says it can't find the software to uninstall. Nor have I been able to find it. It's suggestion is to uninstall the software manually. I can't figure out how to do that, since it isn't showing up in the Device Manager.

~~~~

PPS: Found a website that showed how to display non-present devices, so I could then uninstall it.
DONE.
Driver removed from system.

When I attached the HP7410 to the computer, the computer immediately installed a driver. The Device Manager shows it is functional. But, no HP Director or Solutions Center is installed. Am inistalling the above software.

Once again...software driver from 11/2006; installed and functioning (and verified twice); ran scan utility, says the driver is missing or corrupt and to uninstall. No HP Director or Solutions Center on computer. Not able to scan.

Its driving me nuts!
Tutor
7410_at_Home
Message 8 of 14 (2,082 Views)

[ Edited ]

WELL! While working on this one (Win 7 64-bit), my Sony Vista 64 bit (home premium) laptop arrived from warranty service. It needs to be installed there, too, and used to work just fine on it. (I sent it with a clean Win install, as it had hardware issues.)

No go...same error messages as with this one.

In some searching through the forum, I found that turning off all antivirus software, and installing Adobe Flash does the trick to allow the install.

Trying that now...working on the Win 7.

As before it wanted to self install (cancelled that operation). Ran the above mentioned driver, before it was through extracting, Windows indicated the 7410 was already installed. Even after it finished, I still don't have any way to controll the scanner (printers (wireless & wired) are still shown as installed).

Turning back on anti-virus software...still looking for a solution...

Same results as before. Ran the scan utility...says the software is not installed and must be manually unistalled. Continued to Solution center not installed and to installed full service software....WHERE IS IT?

AARGH!

Tutor
7410_at_Home
Message 9 of 14 (2,056 Views)

Been waiting for expert day!

Have not been able to load the HP Solution Center on either computer

* Laptop with Win Vista 64bit Home Premium

* Laptop with Win 7 64bit Home Premium

here's to solutions (centers)!

Tutor
7410_at_Home
Message 10 of 14 (2,046 Views)

bump

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation