Question

Tutor
borris30
Message 1 of 4 (796 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet 8500A Plus scanner not found, printer works fine. Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

I had to remove the drivers and software once.  I re-installed but now the printer works fine and when I try to initiate a scan from the PC or the printer they don't know about each other and I can't scan.

Tutor
borris30
Message 2 of 4 (793 Views)

Re: Officejet 8500A Plus scanner not found, printer works fine. Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

Fixed it..  I had asked an IT person to look at it and he cheated by creating IP port and telling the PC to print via the port.  Well the Network Scan was hanging on that port.  Installed the printer via a USB cable then removed the printer and reomved the first printer that was on the IP port.  Once that was done I installed the printer again and the network scan found the printer right off and went in great.  

Student
bel1073
Message 3 of 4 (340 Views)

Re: Officejet 8500A Plus scanner not found, printer works fine. Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

Could you maybe share what type of IP address was used to set up the dummy port? I'm not as tech savvy, but I can follow directions.

Thanks

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 4 of 4 (314 Views)

Hi bel1073,

I understand that you are having a problem with the scanner not being found. Before you try to setup a Standart TCP IP port (dummy port). Could you please try the steps in this document for A 'Connection Error' or 'No Computer Detected' Error Message Displays during Scanning. There are steps for getting the scanner to work through the firewalls on your computer.

I hope this helps, let me know.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation