Question

Student
bayareaboy
Message 1 of 34 (85,359 Views)

Officejet J4580 Printer/Scanner "No Scan Options"

I purchased an HP Officejet J4580 All In One Printer. Everything works great except the scanning feature.

When attempting to scan the following error message occurs:

"No Scan Options. Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot."

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but no luck scanning to my new computer (HP Pavilion a6750f).

Any ideas to resolve would be appreciated.

bayareaboy

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 34 (85,356 Views)

Re: Officejet J4580 Printer/Scanner "No Scan Options"

[ Edited ]

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02450835&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3645100&tmp...

Edit by Katie_H (3/30/11): Fixing broken link

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
ta-luke
Message 3 of 34 (81,711 Views)

Help - can't seem to get the scan option of my HP J4580 all in one to work.  Misplaced my documentation.  What do I do?

Intern
arnab3010
Message 4 of 34 (81,688 Views)

1. On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center . HP Solution Center opens.
  2. Click Scan Settings .
  3. Click Scan to... Setup .
     NOTE: It might take several minutes for the list to populate.
    If the appropriate programs are already listed as scan destinations, discontinue this procedure. You must reinstall the software.
  4. Click each program to include on the Scan To Destination list.
    Figure 2: Add destinations
  5. Click the Add arrow. The program listing moves from the left side of the screen to the right.
  6. Click OK .
  7. Attempt the scan again. Try to scan from Solution Center if scanning from the control panel is unsuccessful.

THIS IS THE ONLY SURE SHOT SOLUTION !

PLEASE FOLLOW IT STEP BY STEP FOR 100% RESOLUTION

am working with HP Suport but views expressed by me are personal & not of HP
Student
sallybuffy26
Message 5 of 34 (66,993 Views)

Thx for the info Top Student!  I unplugged the printer power cord from the back of my computer and plugged it back in-in the front.  Now my scanner works.  Possibly a faulty plug  or faulty usb plug terminal.  Good luck:smileytongue:

Student
Abernathy7104
Message 6 of 34 (63,192 Views)

Re: Officejet J5780 All-in-One "No Scan Options"

please tell me what I can do, I need to use my scanner

Honor Student
yahoodsl
Message 7 of 34 (61,513 Views)

Re: Officejet J5780 All-in-One "No Scan Options"

im running this printer on windows 7 as well and have found that the scan button on the unit is a headache. However I did discover if you go to the "HP IMAGING & PHOTO GALLERY"  software, click the "SCAN" icon.....it will scan. thats how I got it to work....hope it helps.

Student
debhumphreys
Message 8 of 34 (61,100 Views)

I have a MacBook Pro and I need to scan documents, however I am receiving a error message  "There is no Computer connection.  Refer to Device Documentation"  I can see the scanner on my control panel and it is there with a scan button, and I am connected with the USB Cord, but I am still getting this message.  Please help.

Deb

Student
puneeth
Message 9 of 34 (57,706 Views)

No sca option .Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot.Press ok.

Student
jasonsleepy
Message 10 of 34 (56,807 Views)

I tried everything here, turns out if you just Open the HP document manager and click on "Scan", it will scan.  If I try to scan from the printer/scanner it gives me the "No Scan Options" message.  Very frustrating but atleast it works. 

The diagnostic tool also says I have no connection to a computer even though it prints fine and will scan from the HP document manager.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation