04-25-2009 12:18 PM
I purchased an HP Officejet J4580 All In One Printer. Everything works great except the scanning feature.
When attempting to scan the following error message occurs:
"No Scan Options. Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot."
I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but no luck scanning to my new computer (HP Pavilion a6750f).
Any ideas to resolve would be appreciated.
04-25-2009 01:04 PM - last edited on 03-30-2011 06:23 PM by Katie_H
Edit by Katie_H (3/30/11): Fixing broken link
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
04-07-2010 11:00 PM
- Click Scan Settings .
- Click Scan to... Setup .
NOTE: It might take several minutes for the list to populate.If the appropriate programs are already listed as scan destinations, discontinue this procedure. You must reinstall the software.
- Click each program to include on the Scan To Destination list.
- Click the Add arrow. The program listing moves from the left side of the screen to the right.
- Click OK .
- Attempt the scan again. Try to scan from Solution Center if scanning from the control panel is unsuccessful.
THIS IS THE ONLY SURE SHOT SOLUTION !
PLEASE FOLLOW IT STEP BY STEP FOR 100% RESOLUTION
06-17-2011 01:15 PM
Thx for the info Top Student! I unplugged the printer power cord from the back of my computer and plugged it back in-in the front. Now my scanner works. Possibly a faulty plug or faulty usb plug terminal. Good luck
09-23-2011 01:38 PM
im running this printer on windows 7 as well and have found that the scan button on the unit is a headache. However I did discover if you go to the "HP IMAGING & PHOTO GALLERY" software, click the "SCAN" icon.....it will scan. thats how I got it to work....hope it helps.
09-29-2011 04:26 PM
I have a MacBook Pro and I need to scan documents, however I am receiving a error message "There is no Computer connection. Refer to Device Documentation" I can see the scanner on my control panel and it is there with a scan button, and I am connected with the USB Cord, but I am still getting this message. Please help.
12-21-2011 02:23 AM
I tried everything here, turns out if you just Open the HP document manager and click on "Scan", it will scan. If I try to scan from the printer/scanner it gives me the "No Scan Options" message. Very frustrating but atleast it works.
The diagnostic tool also says I have no connection to a computer even though it prints fine and will scan from the HP document manager.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers