04-25-2009 12:18 PM
I purchased an HP Officejet J4580 All In One Printer. Everything works great except the scanning feature.
When attempting to scan the following error message occurs:
"No Scan Options. Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot."
I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but no luck scanning to my new computer (HP Pavilion a6750f).
Any ideas to resolve would be appreciated.
04-25-2009 01:04 PM - last edited on 03-30-2011 06:23 PM by Katie_H
Edit by Katie_H (3/30/11): Fixing broken link
04-07-2010 11:00 PM
- Click Scan Settings .
- Click Scan to... Setup .
NOTE: It might take several minutes for the list to populate.If the appropriate programs are already listed as scan destinations, discontinue this procedure. You must reinstall the software.
- Click each program to include on the Scan To Destination list.
- Click the Add arrow. The program listing moves from the left side of the screen to the right.
- Click OK .
- Attempt the scan again. Try to scan from Solution Center if scanning from the control panel is unsuccessful.
THIS IS THE ONLY SURE SHOT SOLUTION !
PLEASE FOLLOW IT STEP BY STEP FOR 100% RESOLUTION
06-17-2011 01:15 PM
Thx for the info Top Student! I unplugged the printer power cord from the back of my computer and plugged it back in-in the front. Now my scanner works. Possibly a faulty plug or faulty usb plug terminal. Good luck
09-23-2011 01:38 PM
im running this printer on windows 7 as well and have found that the scan button on the unit is a headache. However I did discover if you go to the "HP IMAGING & PHOTO GALLERY" software, click the "SCAN" icon.....it will scan. thats how I got it to work....hope it helps.
09-29-2011 04:26 PM
I have a MacBook Pro and I need to scan documents, however I am receiving a error message "There is no Computer connection. Refer to Device Documentation" I can see the scanner on my control panel and it is there with a scan button, and I am connected with the USB Cord, but I am still getting this message. Please help.
12-21-2011 02:23 AM
I tried everything here, turns out if you just Open the HP document manager and click on "Scan", it will scan. If I try to scan from the printer/scanner it gives me the "No Scan Options" message. Very frustrating but atleast it works.
The diagnostic tool also says I have no connection to a computer even though it prints fine and will scan from the HP document manager.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax