Question

Honor Student
AuntieSocial
Message 1 of 2 (1,883 Views)

Officejet J4580 Won't Scan (SUCKS)

[ Edited ]

Well, looks like this <text deleted> is going back to Office Depot.  The printer and copier work fine, not sure about Fax, but I'm so frustrated with the scanner, I'm taking it back!  Unreal, if the printer works, that means the pc recognizes the device.  I've tried the solutions offered, I've downloaded critical updates, I've uninstalled and reinstalled about 15 times, I've downloaded drivers, (which should be on the **bleep** CD in the first FRICKIN place and NOTHING fixes the problem.  Same error msg over and over again, device not found.  I will NEVER buy another HP product, as long as I have breath in my body and I will tell everyone on net and in the real world how bad they SUCK!

Message Edited by WendyM on 08-30-2009 09:52 AM
Tutor
bsravi_shankar
Message 2 of 2 (1,834 Views)

Re: Officejet J4580 Won't Scan (SUCKS)

Hi,,
       Very bad to see your experience with HP printer !. This problem is due to improper and installation and un-installation process of the printer driver and other additional softwares which comes along with the printer driver. And another reason is if you have installed any other printer model's software & if install or un-installation has gone wrong then also you will end up in these problem.
I suggest 2 things.
1> in www.hp.com support and drivers link search for driver download link for OJ4580 and download the utility program to un-install all the software and drivers. It is called scrubber.exe which looks something like this "OJJ4500_Scrubber_10.exe, (1/1 , 1.35M) "
         In this .exe after executing you willl find a window automatically opened which has some files. In that please choose L4.bat file and execute the batch file on  your system.
         After restart Install the FULL software/driver with all default choices and then try to do the scanning. HOPE that solves your problem.
2> You will have to reghost the Operation system or else repair the OS. and install only OJ4580 driver. (While installinge one more tip is that, connect the printer through USB cable only when it ask for it. do NOT pre-connect the printer to PC and start installation ! ).
Hope one of these works !. & Let me know about it
Thanks & Regards
Ravi
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation