05-18-2012 02:02 PM
Error message "sorry an unknown error occurred.".
I run Snow Leopard Mac 10.6.8.
The printer in question is an officejet J4580.
Printing and faxing works fine.
I did have it working 6 or so months ago, and have no idea how to get it back up and running again.
Any help would be appreciated.
Please save yourself the time and do not reply "Get another printer" or "It won't work with a mac".
05-18-2012 04:12 PM
Found a solution.
For anyone who is experiencing the same problem, here is the solution:
Completely delete the Hewett-Pack folder under your Applications folder by
1) Selecting uninstall app
2) Holding down Control+Option+Apple key before you hit the uninstall button. (It will ask you if you want to completely delete all ....etc) Press ok.
3) Restart your computer
4) Select your Apple icon, and search for System Updates, and run the update.
5) After the uninstall is complete go to System Preferences, then Printer and Scanners.
6) RIGHT CLICK where the printers are listed and select reset.
7) After go to this site, select Support and Drivers and find the FULL driver install for your printer/all-in-one.
8) Install the driver
9) Run another system update, and install if there are any.
9) Restart your computer again.
10) Reboot your printer.
And things should be ok and up and working once again
Hope this helps.
Good luck everyone.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax