HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-10-2012 05:11 AM
After first installation everything worked perfectly. Now neither of my computers (1 hardwired, 1 via WiFi) will rewceive a scan from the All-in-One. I believe that it stopped working after a Microsoft Update. Now i get the error message that the WIA is missing from computer preventing scanning to computer. How do I get it back?
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-11-2012 12:02 PM - edited 04-11-2012 12:05 PM
H I hope you are doing well and sorry that you're having this issue;
By the way welcome to the forum.
1) Update the firmware of the printer you can check for the DRIVER here. Verify if this esolves the issue. if it does not disregard step 2.
2) Rollback the update to see if this will solve the issue. for instructions on how to uninstall an update Follow this;
Open Installed Updates by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then, under Programs and Features, clicking View installed updates.
- Click the update that you want to remove, and then click Uninstall. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Always read the description of the update to make sure you understand the purpose of the update and make an inform decision if what you are fixing (printing issues) is more important that uninstalling the patch and having whatever vulnerability the update is trying to patch.
Hope this helps;
04-18-2012 01:43 PM
We've heard reports of a MS update or something that is disabling the WIA service (Windows Image Acquisition). Plese try these steps to see if you can re-enable WIA services and get your scanner working again:
Here are some steps to try for fixing WIA that our HP service folks have used with some success:
1. From Start Menu, goto Run. In the run window, please type services.msc and click on OK.
2. In the Window, please right click on Windows Image Acquisition Service and then click on Properties.
3. In the Properties window, please click on Dependencies window and check the dependencies.
It should be “Remote Procedure Call” and “Shell Hardware Detection”. If you find anything else, please advise.
4. Close the Properties window and then make sure the Remote Procedure Call service and the Shell Hardware Detection services are Started. If any of these services are not started, please restart these services and then restart the Windows Image Acquisition service.
5. After restarting the windows image acquisition service, try to scan again.
04-19-2012 09:44 AM
Upon attempting to restart WIA per your steps to get re-enable WIA services & get my scanner working again i get the boxed error message:
" Windows could not start the Windows Imaging Acquisition (WIA) service on Local Computer.
Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
04-19-2012 09:51 AM
Most likely the Shell HW Detection service is then stopped. Try the steps in this post to see if restarting this service allows you to then to restart WIA service:
04-19-2012 10:06 AM
I'm a novice at this. I looked at the updates but couldn't find any description as to what they do. I was looking at all from the first of the year. I don't really remember exactly when the problem started because i don't use scanning every day.
It seems odd that the scanning to both PCs failed at the same time; both showing the WIA failure wfter running the HP Solution Center scan. The other PC ( linked to system via wi-fi) a HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook running Windows 7.
04-19-2012 10:12 AM
It sure doesn't make sense that both of your systems failed at the same time.
Did you try the steps in that other post to see if it was indeed Shell HW detection that was diasabled? I've copied the relevant steps here for you:
- open services.msc (start > run > services.msc)
- Select 'Shell Hardware Detection' in the list. If it is not enabled/started, then enable/start the service.
Also make sure the Startup Type set as Automatically.
- Select 'Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)' in the list. If it is not enabled/started, then enable/start.
Also make sure the Startup Type set as Automatically as well
04-19-2012 10:13 AM
I receive the message that the Windows Imaging service is not running, recomending that I close everything, run the diagnostics (whice I've done many times & get the same error message).
04-19-2012 10:17 AM
I am a bit confused by your last statement. Was Shell HW detection disabled? Were you able to turn it back on? And if so, did that allow you to then re-enable WIA services? I am hoping that if you are able to do this, WIA service will be fixed for you.