02-21-2012 12:20 AM
There is a dark line on my scanned and faxed documents. This happens after I send original thru the ADF (automatic document feeder). I have aligned the printhead and cleaned the printhead. Need Help!
02-21-2012 01:19 PM
Please try the following article. It may help resolve your issue.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
06-01-2013 09:53 AM
I have a brand new 8600, so NOTHING is dirty on the scanner side. Color works fine... Grayscale or B/W ALWAYS has lines in it. AND it doesn't matter whether I scan/print or scan to PDF from my PC.
The problem is in the onboard scanning software/firmware.
I have checked my drivers and firmware and they are both up-to-date.
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.
My 6 year old All-In-One always worked fine. I scan large volumes of Navy Cruise Books and post them for viewing to my shipmates. I always scanned in Grayscale since the file size is much smaller than color scanning.
This problem MUST be addressed and fixed.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers