02-21-2012 12:20 AM
There is a dark line on my scanned and faxed documents. This happens after I send original thru the ADF (automatic document feeder). I have aligned the printhead and cleaned the printhead. Need Help!
02-21-2012 01:19 PM
Please try the following article. It may help resolve your issue.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
06-01-2013 09:53 AM
I have a brand new 8600, so NOTHING is dirty on the scanner side. Color works fine... Grayscale or B/W ALWAYS has lines in it. AND it doesn't matter whether I scan/print or scan to PDF from my PC.
The problem is in the onboard scanning software/firmware.
I have checked my drivers and firmware and they are both up-to-date.
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.
My 6 year old All-In-One always worked fine. I scan large volumes of Navy Cruise Books and post them for viewing to my shipmates. I always scanned in Grayscale since the file size is much smaller than color scanning.
This problem MUST be addressed and fixed.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax