Question

DCI Student
Student
DCI
Message 1 of 32 (18,842 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet Pro 8600 Plus ADF Problems

I have a brand new machine.  Everything seems to work fine, except the ADF.  Every time that I try to feed documents in the ADF, it tells me that there is paper jammed, and there is not.  It is brand new.  I have tried to turn the machine on and off, disconnected the power cord for 30 seconds.  I can scan and copy from the glass, but not the ADF.  I have tried one sheet up to 20 sheets with no luck.  Please help, the ADF is very important that I am able to use it.  Thanks in advance!

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 32 (18,824 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus ADF Problems

Hi DCI,

Follow the steps in the document below, and let me know what you find out?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01728503

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
ftaylor0101
Message 3 of 32 (18,454 Views)

I also just bought a HP Officejet Pro and the ADP is perpetually jammed. I followed the guide for idiots to fix it but it doesnt work. I tried multiple kinds of paper, from multiple computers. The scanner works fine; ADP is jammed.

Top Student
ftaylor0101
Message 4 of 32 (18,453 Views)

I have been unimpressed with HP products. I've owned three printers now all which failed immediately following the 1-year manufacturing warranty. I decided to throw down some extra cash on this one. If this is a manufacturing defect I am going to be pretty annoyed.
Provost
pcwizard
Message 5 of 32 (18,441 Views)

Hi ftaylor0101,

Did you follow the document in Message 2?

Open the ADF unit, and make sure that there is no small pieces of paper still in the paper path. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
ftaylor0101
Message 6 of 32 (18,416 Views)

Yes I followed the document in message 2. I opened the ADF and checked for debris. It is bran-new out of the box and non-operational.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 7 of 32 (18,402 Views)

Hi ftaylor0101,

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for this hardware ADF issue. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

Student
JIM6253
Message 8 of 32 (17,036 Views)

I am quite dissapointed with this printer as the ADF is not working and it is right out of the box.  Seems to be a problem with others as well.  I followed the instruction in the corrections for dummies sheet with no success.  I'll try calling the support line, but we all know what that brings.  

Provost
pcwizard
Message 9 of 32 (17,014 Views)

Hi JIM6253, 

If you have already followed the documents in this thread without success, and the ADF unit is not working right out of the box I will need you to call support as the first steps in getting this hardware issue resolved. If you are unable to get assistance with this issue please let me know, and we can take it to steps two. Just so we have covered all the normal troubleshooting can you verify that you followed the steps in the document below?

The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
Goldfinch
Message 10 of 32 (15,986 Views)

My ADF would not work for scans; rather the 8600 Pro kept trying to scan from the flat bed even when it knew there was a dcoument in the ADF.

I then tried a manual copy of a document in the ADF, and this worked! and then the ADF worked properly for scans!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation