01-16-2012 08:36 AM
I have an Officejet Pro 8600 that I have at an off site location. This location has a single user with a laptop, wireless router and the printer. I set up the laptop and printer to work in the office, statically assigning the printer here. When the user set up their system at the location, they were able to print initially, however there were times that the printer and computer would loose each other. This was fixed by adding a static route to the laptop. The laptop can print now to the printer. The scanner software however still refuses to work. When using the change IP tool in the hp software, it successfully completes, however, upon launching the scanner software, the software cannot find the scanner. The firewall has been turned off, there is no firewall for the Lan on the local wireless router, and there is a consistent ping going to the printer with successful replies. When trying to scan to a shared folder, the printer refuses to see the laptop. Is there a way to add a persistent route to the printer? Is there a way to force the software to find the printer?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers