Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

Is it possible to scan documents straight to email or do I always have to scan them and save them to the PC first?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

The following from Manual (pg 54) should answer your question.

Set up Scan to Email

You can use the printer to scan documents and send them to one or more email

addresses as attachments—without additional scanning software. You do not need to

scan files from your computer and attach them to email messages.

NOTE: Scan to Email is only supported by HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus and HP

Officejet Pro 8600 Premium.

To use the Scan to Email feature, complete the following preliminary steps:

Set the Outgoing Email Profiles

Configure the email address which will appear in the FROM portion of the email

message sent by the printer. You can add up to 10 Outgoing Email Profiles. You can

use the HP software installed on your computer to create these profiles.

Add email addresses to the Email Address Book

Manage the list of people to whom you can send email messages from the printer. You

can add up to 15 email addresses with their corresponding contact names. You can

also create email groups. To add email addresses, you must use the printer’s

embedded web server (EWS).

Configure other email options

You can configure default SUBJECT and body text that is included in all email

messages sent from the printer. To configure these options, you must use the printer’s

EWS.

Step 1: Set up the outgoing email profiles

To set up the outgoing email profile used by the printer, complete the following steps

for your operating system.

Windows

1. Open the HP printer software. For more information, see Toolbox (Windows).

2. Double-click Scanner Actions, and then double-click Scan to Email Wizard..

3. Click New, and then follow the onscreen instructions.

NOTE: After you set the Outgoing Email Profile, you can use the printer’s

embedded web server (EWS) to add more Outgoing Email Profiles, add email

addresses to the Email Address Book, and configure other email options. To open

the EWS automatically, make sure the Launch embedded web server when

finished check box is selected on the last screen of the Scan to Email Wizard.

When you click Finish, the EWS is displayed in your computer’s default web

browser. For more information about the embedded web server, see Embedded

web server

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I can't find a scan to email wizard so can't do this.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the printer software installed on the computer?

HP Recommended

Is there a way for the outgoing email to be posted to the Microsoft Outlook "Sent" Folder?

HP Recommended
How do you scan to an e-mail from hp all in one printer
HP Recommended
Scan to e mail from hp all in one printer
HP Recommended

Hi Glycerin,

What is the model no of the printer is it same OJ 8600? as scan to email is supported by OJ 8600plus and Premium model only.

HP Recommended

how do I scan to an email?

HP Recommended

I just bought an 8600 pro. Apparently I assumed too much about the quality that one should expect from a brand such as Hewlet Packard. 

1) scan to e-mail is not supported: THIS IS AN ESSENTIAL FEATURE OF A MODERN NETWORK SCANNER/PRINTER (except maybe a cheap one such as this). Without this feature, a clunky, outdated, awkward, device specific... interface is required.  I am very dissappointed by this.  Maybe this works if your network is stationary (all you have is a desktop), otherwise, I find it quite awkward.

Who wouldn't think that maybe they don't need the 8600 pro, but should get the 8600 pro (plus/premium) are these gasoline grades? Apparently the 8600 pro is REGULAR UNLEADED (do they use lead free solder in China???) You have to pay more for a software upgrade so you can send a .pdf to someone's e-mail address, REALLY?

In fact if you read through this forum some of the HP Employees apparently were not clear about this distinction. Take a look at: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/does-hp-8600-pro-scan-to-email/td-p/1189237

2) why has HP (a previously respectable company) stooped to the practice of providing "setup cartridges" instead of a set of REAL ink cartridges? Do they have an excuse? Or do they just want to extract more cash from the customer as soon as possible by selling more "razor blades" for their "razors"???

In my opinion, HP has joined the ranks of so many other large corporations:

THEY ARE WORKING HARD TO THROW AWAY A REPUTATION EARNED BY THE HARD WORK OF THEIR FATHERS FOR SHORT TERM PROFITS.

THUMBS DOWN HP!!! This attitude will bite you in the end, your executives will be retired to the Hamptons and your employees will be out of a job.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.