01-11-2012 11:36 AM
It seems like the scanning options with the HP scanning software for the Officejet Pro 8600 N911g are different than for the HP Officejet Pro 8500..
The 8600 scanning software doesn't seem to have the option to automatically remove blank pages.
The 8600 scanning software doesn't seem to have the ability to crop to a specific size by entering the dimensions (on scan preview).
The 8600 doesn't seem to have the ability to create new scan shortcuts on the printer control panel. New scan shortcuts can be created for use on the computer, but they don't seem to be added to the printer panel.
Are these features of the 8500 scanning software gone from the 8600 or am I just not finding them?
Windows XP, Windows 7
01-11-2012 12:43 PM
You correct on your first point in that the 8600 series has a basic scanning solution.
01-12-2012 09:46 AM
01-12-2012 11:39 AM
I apologize for the confusion. These features of the 8500 scanning software are gone from the 8600.
04-07-2012 01:03 AM
Officejet Pro 8600 plus have scanning done from the auto feed tray ie.or do we have to manually input scan, etc. put paper in auto feed tray... press scan to auto scan a series of documents? thanks
04-11-2012 04:16 PM
The HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus supports scanning a stack of pages from the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) directly to a file. Does this answer your question?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers