Question

Tutor
vhctruckie6
Message 1 of 24 (12,733 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet Pro L7580 - "No Scan Options"

I have an Officejet Pro L7580 - I just started recieving "No Scan Options" when I try to use the scan button on the panel.  Also I cannot open the software to HP Solutuion Center to scan from computer.  I have tried HP chat for help...worthless and unistalled and reinstalled 3x no luck!  HELP!!!!!!!  Print and copy work...but no scan! Thanks Bob
Honor Student
chateaushep
Message 2 of 24 (12,718 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro L7580 - "No Scan Options"

I am having the same Problem with Officejet 5510. It will not scan. Please someone Help Us!!!!
Student
TGLee
Message 3 of 24 (12,714 Views)

Re: Officiate Pro LILLO - "No Scan Options"

Me too!!!!!  I was able to scan originally.  Was just trying to scan pictures for a Christmas project and received the "No Scan Option".  HP want to charge me since the printer is out of warranty.  Anxious to find a fix.  Thanks,Tom

Tutor
vhctruckie6
Message 4 of 24 (12,702 Views)

Strange how this is mysteriously affecting many folks out there and how anxious HP is to take our money because it is supposedly out of warranty...this should be like a recall or service bullet type fix for all of us...next they will want a "Bail Out"! I say let 'em go under and lets all buy from another manufacturer!!!!
Top Student
willow
Message 5 of 24 (12,688 Views)

Same exact problem can print and copy but no scan!  no support center!  uninstalled and reinstalled 3x even installed the firmware update! NOTHING!!

vista home!!!!!!  saw at somepoint to go in programs and use paint but that didnt work either!!!  work from home need my scanner!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

Tutor
vhctruckie6
Message 6 of 24 (12,676 Views)

Just spent 3 hours chating with tech support tonight...no fix yet!! They are sending this issue up to the next level??? I am to be contacted within the next 24 hours by HP...I begged them to resolve this problem for all of us out here with this problem...If I must buy a new printer it will NOT be an HP...anyone know of a good dependable affordable all-in-one printer on the markert???
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 7 of 24 (12,671 Views)

make sure the HP Digital Imaging Monitor is running in your system tray, and it has a green circle with a check mark. this application is very important for scanning, as this is the program that responds to the Scan button being pressed on the printer. if it is not running, then u can start it from C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe.

try to disable your firewall programs and then try scanning, as many anti-virus and firewall programs block transmissions to the printer from teh PC.

if you open HP Solution Center, and it says 'No HP devices detected' or something similar, then insert the CD and select 'Add A Device' from the welcome screen and follow the setup. make sure that the setup has found the printer over the network.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
chateaushep
Message 8 of 24 (12,664 Views)

Hi: Just FYI-The manual was read!!!!!!

I did the online chat with a rep by the name of Francisco. He gave me these instructions and I am BACK UP AND RUNNING. I hope it works for you all. I have the Officejet 5510 and running on  XP operating system so hopefully my Vista buddies you will be ok.

Here are the steps to uninstall the All-in-One software completely using level 3 procedure:

To completely uninstall the software, run the uninstaller at level three using these steps:

1. Turn the All-in-One off and disconnect any USB/Ethernet cable from All-in-One to computer.

2. Insert the all-in-one CD-ROM into the computer. Cancel any installation windows that appear.

3. Click Start on the taskbar and then click Run.

4. In the command box type the following command and press Enter key:

X:\Util\CCC\Uninstall (After this, I also went into Start-Program-HP to do un an uninstall; just to make sure everthing was gone)

(X: is the CD-ROM drive letter of that the all-in-one CD-ROM is in)

Restart the computer once the software is uninstalled to make the changes effective.

It is recommended reinstalling the HP All-in-One software from the downloaded file.

Here is the web link to download the HP All-in-One software from:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software4/COL8901/mp-23606-2/gc_w01_ENU.exe

I request you to copy the above link starting from "ftp" to "ENU.exe" and paste it in the address bar of the Internet Explorer and then press enter.

You will see a dialog box asking you to run or save the file. Please click on save option and save it to your computer desktop.

Once the download process completes, double click on the file downloaded to start the installation process.

Proceed with the onscreen instructions to install the software.

Please make sure that you disconnect the USB cable before you install the software

If you went from 2000 to XP and had to download the patch. See below

Here is the web link:

============
http://h30318.www3.hp.com/pub/softlib/software8/COL17377/oj-46104-1/CIT207355-HPCOM-PATCH-v8.exe

Happy Holidays

PhD Student
Rixander
Message 9 of 24 (12,654 Views)

also search for the device on hp and

get update 

which you will find in the support & driver page 

and look for the driver and software

and click on the OS that you have 

good luck folks 

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
Honor Student
hwjvaj
Message 10 of 24 (12,307 Views)

I chatted with 4 diffrent reps at HP and nothing was resolve. I found out about these levels via online searches as these and I did all of these and also went to level 4 but still no solution. I think total time I spent on this issue thus far was about 10 plus hours. I downloaded the software 4 time. I don't know what else to do but to pay someone to service it. As I told the two reps., HP has a defective device and either recall it or replace it and everyone can clearly see that who knows how many users out there are having this same issue. I quess this their way of telling us to buy their extended plan. I bet that if I were to buy that plan, this wouldn't happen. Ironic, isn't it????

I also went as far as downloading the scan diagnostic utility and for me to delete all of these files, etc and pay more money to download more drivers, etc. I don't want to spend more money not knowing that it might not even work like what these reps are telling us but nothing works. We need someone who actually knew the product inside and out instead of spending tens of hours for nothing. I guess we have nothing better to do, huh???? Please someone help before I throw this thing out of my window!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation