Officejet j4680c Unable to Scan From Printer (3251 Views)
Honor Student
planb
Message 1 of 5 (3,251 Views)

Officejet j4680c Unable to Scan From Printer

Hi,

I am only able to scan using my computer.  The scan buttons on the control panel do not work.  I tried updating the shortcuts in the HP Solution Center, however the update does not get applied to the printer.  I cannot find another way to load scan shortcuts to the printer’s control panel and cannot scan from the printer.

The printer is wireless and I only have one computer on my network.  I am using an HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop with Vista Home Premium, SP1 32-bit.  I installed the software from the disk that came with the printer and used the USB cable provided during the set up process, which was removed when prompted.

Thank you for your help.

Teacher
boykot
Message 2 of 5 (3,284 Views)

Re: Officejet j4680c Unable to Scan From Printer

hello,

you might try to do the DestTest first before you update the destination for the applications.

open Computer, open the C Drive, open the Program Files, open the HP folder, open the bin folder and look for the DestTest.

double click on DestTest, in the first option select WEB APP.

go to the option number 6, put a check mark on the box and click Save and Exit, click Exit at the bottom.

go to the Solution Center, go to the Settings, go to Scan Settings, go to Scan To Setup, transfer the applications from the left to the right and click on Update Device then click Close or OK.

turn the printer off and turn it on again.

try to scan from the printer again.

otherwise, uninstall and reinstall the whole software.

download the software from the website.

install the software.

Good Luck!

keep me informed please..

Honor Student
planb
Message 3 of 5 (3,190 Views)

Hi,

Thank you so much for your response.  I did everything you listed and unfortunately it did not work.  I am still not able to scan from the printer.  (The software for the j4680c is not available as a download from hp.com so I just used the installation cd.)  In addition, the computer continues to go offline for no apparent reason.  I'll be working on a spreadsheet and boom, an error notification that the printer is offline and I wasn't even printing.  I did a few other things to try and get the scanner to work but it was all a huge waste of time.  I'm returning it today and I will most likely change brands.  I'm extremely dissappointed because I have been loyal to HP for all printers I've purchased so far.

Thanks again!

Student
Risk-taker
Message 4 of 5 (180 Views)

Unable to scan, getting message, No Scan options. I am using W.Vista & All in one J4680c. Alreday uninstalled and re installed, already rebooted computer and disconnetced printer.Still unable to print. I tried the Dest Test, I was able to complete step #5 and part o step #6, but when I click on "Scan To Setup" I keep getting an error.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 5 of 5 (167 Views)

@Risk-taker, sorry that you are having a issue with your scanning. 

Try to disable the firewall and anti-virus. Run the print and scan doctor and check the results. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03275041

Let me know if this helps. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation