Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

1) When power on my HP printer officejet pro 6830, it displayed blue screen with error code C4EBA23D.

2) I can do printing.

3) But when I try copying or scanning doc, nothing move or happended. 

4) If I place the doc on top paper tray and press copy or scan, the paper did not get roll in or nothing move.

5) I tried using HP print and scan 4.1 to trouble shoot, check for update window, it say there is a newer version of this tool. I click on  "download update". Under window "downloading update"  it display "download interrupted". I clicked "ok" and click on "fix scanning". Under "finding and fixing scanning problem", it failed at "driver check" with a cross.

6) What is above error code means?

7) What is the problem?

😎 How to resolve this problem?

Thanks,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Mike3333,

I see that you are experiencing issues scanning and copying and getting the error code C4EBA23D. When running the PSDR you are also getting a driver error. I would like to help you out today.

Although there are many different error codes, I don't know of this one specifically. I don't believe it is a carriage issue since you can print, it may be the firmware or scanner bulb causing this issue.

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.
Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Update the printer's firmware. HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer.

The scanner mechanism bulb might not turn on when trying to scan, copy, or fax.

There are two main causes for this issue: It could be the scanner bulb temperature is too low or there is an internal or external electrical malfunction.

Please keep the scanner lid open and then press the copy button.

Check if the scanner bulb glows.

Check if the scanner moves freely across the glass.

Try and make a copy.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you are able to copy properly standalone, then I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the printer software to resolve the driver issue for scanning.

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Please I am curently facing the same problem but I have tried all the steps listed above to no avail. Please kindly help with another resort if there is any

HP Recommended

Hi @Nyasha196,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I read your post and see that you are also getting the error  error code C4EBA23D. I would like to help you out today.

I would suggest to Contact HP Support for further assistance. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

Have a nice day! Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.