Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HO OFFICEJET 8715
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Have just recently had a problem where it takes 5-10 seconds after printing a page before it total ejects from the printer.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DJPSR1

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8715 All-in-One Printer and it takes 5-10 seconds after printing a page before it total ejects from the printer. Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Does this happen while making a copy too?
  • Did any updates happen for the printer or printer drivers after which this issue may have started?

Also, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Please check if this issue happens while making a copy also. If yes, then please install the printer firmware update via this link.

If the paper ejects fine while copying then this could be a printer driver issue. You may reset the printing system in Mac and then try to add the printer again. 

I hope this information is useful. Feel free to reply. Cheers! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.