PSC 2510 "No Scan Options" (2093 Views)
Student
NLenkowski
Message 1 of 2 (2,093 Views)

PSC 2510 "No Scan Options"

I've read many of the comments in the forum related to scanning and many of you, including me, are experiencing problems.  I finally contacted HP Technical Support via email and was able to resolve the issue. 

First, I performed the following steps:

In order to resolve the issue please perform the below steps.

Please, add HP Files, TCP & UDP Ports to Firewall Exception List:

Windows Firewall installed in the computer should be enabled. And then we need to add all HP Files, TCP & UDP Ports to Firewall Exception List

Adding HP Files:
------------------------

A. Go to the Control Panel. Start > Control Panel.
B. Security Center
C. Scroll to the Bottom
D. Click "Windows Firewall"
E. Click "Exceptions" Tab
F. Click "Add Program"
G. Click "Browse"
H. Select "C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe"
I. Click OK
J. Click OK
K. Close all windows
L. Reboot

hpqkygrp.exe, located under the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin directory.
hpqscnvw.exe, located under the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin directory.
hpqste08.exe, located under the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin directory.
hpzipm12.exe, located under the C:\windows\system32 directory.
hpzinw12.exe, located under the C:\windows\system32 directory.
hpqtra08.exe, located under the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin directory.
hpqthb08.exe, located under the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin directory.
hpqdirec.exe, located under the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin directory.

Adding TCP & UDP Ports:
------------------------
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type wscui.cpl, and then click OK.
3. In Windows Security Center, click Windows Firewall.
4. Click the Exceptions tab, and then click Add Port to display the Add a Port dialog box.
5. Type a descriptive name for the port exception and the port number that your program uses, and then select either the TCP or UDP protocol, .
6. Click Change Scope.
7. View or set the scope for the port exception, and then click OK.
8. Click OK to close the Add a Port dialog box.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the product (again).

Here are the steps for uninstalling the All-in-One software from the computer:
Note: Perform the steps after closing all other programs as the uninstallation utility has to fix the registry and clean the files from the computer.
1. Turn the All-in-One off and disconnect any USB/Ethernet cable from All-in-One to computer.
2. Download the All-in-one software uninstall utility from the following link to uninstall the software:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software4/COL8988/mp-24061-2/gr_uninst.exe

3. Save the file to desktop and double click the saved file. And clickon run.
4. It will give you two options. Please select the second option and then change the path to desktop. Click next. Six other files will be installed on the desktop. Now double click on the uninstall file (one of the six files created on the desktop).
5. When the system prompts to restart, please do restart the computer, and after reboot double click the same uninstall file again and run the next level. You needto run this uninstall file for 3 times to complete the 3 level uninstallation. This should completely uninstall the HP all in one software.

Install the All-in-One software :
*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
Please download and install the updated patch from the below HP web site to reinstall the All-in-One Software:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software4/COL5237/mp-18002-5/gcntwk_w01_ENU.exe

Download instructions :
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1. Copy and paste the above web link on the Internet Explorer and press Enter
2. File Download will appear
3. Click on Save and save the file on to your computer
4. Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions.

Now check the functionality of the All-in-One.
Student
Prestonb
Message 2 of 2 (114 Views)

Re: hp 0fficejet 6500 no scan option refer to device documentation

My scanner gives me a no scan option refer to device documentation to trouble shoot, I need it as a stand alone printer,scanner.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation