Paper Jam in Scanner (hp laserjet c6180) (2045 Views)
Student
itgirl87
Message 1 of 3 (2,045 Views)

Paper Jam in Scanner (hp laserjet c6180)

Hello!

I have a jam in my hp laserjet c6180 scanner section.

I put a small paper (1/3 of A4 page) there and it's jammed and there is no way I can get it out. It can't be even seen from outside.

I understand how to remove a jam form printing section, but is there any way I can do it with scanning section (how to open it)?

Regards,

Olga

Top Student
UScantu
Message 2 of 3 (2,030 Views)

Re: Paper Jam in Scanner (hp laserjet c6180)

Hello itgirl87,

There is a way to open up the auto document feeder to clear out the paper path.  Please try this link to the instructions for clearing the path http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01084508&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

UScantu

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Honor Student
chicagodan
Message 3 of 3 (165 Views)

Re: Paper Jam in Scanner (hp laserjet c6180)

Thank you for this info.  I, too, had scanned a personal check - only to have it get lost in the scanning rollers somewhere.  I had no idea that the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) opened up like that.  To anyone else who has this issue, there is an ADF lid - and it does not open smoothly.  You have to really give it a good pull and voila - it opens (and there was my check).  Thanks again. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation