09-28-2010 02:53 AM
I have a jam in my hp laserjet c6180 scanner section.
I put a small paper (1/3 of A4 page) there and it's jammed and there is no way I can get it out. It can't be even seen from outside.
I understand how to remove a jam form printing section, but is there any way I can do it with scanning section (how to open it)?
09-28-2010 01:28 PM
There is a way to open up the auto document feeder to clear out the paper path. Please try this link to the instructions for clearing the path http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
01-14-2014 07:26 PM
Thank you for this info. I, too, had scanned a personal check - only to have it get lost in the scanning rollers somewhere. I had no idea that the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) opened up like that. To anyone else who has this issue, there is an ADF lid - and it does not open smoothly. You have to really give it a good pull and voila - it opens (and there was my check). Thanks again.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers