HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
12-01-2009 04:32 PM - edited 12-01-2009 04:36 PM
I have seen this multiple times in this thread, but none of the solutions have worked for me. I had no problems until recently. That is to say I was able to scan wirelessly to my laptop with no troubles until about a week ago.
Computer - MacBook Pro on MAC OS X v10.5.7
Printer - HP Photosmart Premium c309a
What I have tried:
- I will click Scan on the Printer and choose Scan to Computer. The error I get is: "There is no computer connection. Refer to device documentation to troubehoot." or "Try starting scan from computer. Refer to documentation for details." Latter happens more often.
I know there is a connection though because I can print just fine.
- I have tried to go to System Preferences and opened the Printer from there and clicked Scanner, but get the error "Scan Error Communication Error"
- I have tried going to Preview -> File -> Import Image... but get the error "No Image Capture device found. Unable to locate an Image Capture device."
- I have opened Image Capture but get the message "No image Capture device connected."
- I have opened HP Device Manager and HP Photosmart Studio and clicked Scan/Scan Picture and got the message "Sorry, scanner could not be initialized. (Scanner not found.)
- I have deleted the printer from the laptop and reinstalled it as well. I repeated the above after doing so.
- I am able to scan to a USB Flashdrive and Memory Card
- System Preferences shows that I am connected to the printer wirelessly and with bluetooth as well.
- Since I am in a college dorm, I do not have the ability to restart the wireless router so that is not an option for me.
- As far as I am aware, I have not done anything differently up until the point when this problem started.
- I have tried to scan multiple times on different days to see if there was perhaps just a bad connection that day, but no luck.
02-21-2010 11:37 AM
Did you manage to solve this problem yet?, I just bought this machine and installed it, I got the same thing with the scanner.
I think part of the problem is that it thinks it's connected to the wireless connection and USB at the same time and can't choose which one to control it. I tried to change the machine in the chooser section of the device manager, where it shows both connections to the machine (wireless and usb) but when you scan something, it only gives the choice of the wireless machine connection. In my case it is an error message when the scanner has already opened and is about to scan, it then chucks out the paper and resets itself, posting a report on screen saying the scanner has crashed.
At my wits end now with trying to solve this problem........... can you help?
02-22-2010 09:51 AM
Unfortunately still not solved. I have not tried a USB cord as I couldn't find mine and I never leave my memory cads or USB Flash drives plugged in to it so it should not be confused about anything. I don't see why it should ever be confused since it lets me pick what I am scanning to in the first place so it should be able to recognize it (memory card, flash drive, computer, etc)
12-01-2010 10:59 AM
I am having the same problem, with OS 10.6.x. I have downloaded and installed the current drivers. The printer either says no USB flash drive is connected (when it is--I've tried 3 different drives AND was able to scan to more than one of them just days ago), or it says the scan is successful, the flash drive did light up multiple times, suggesting that something was scanned to it, but then when I insert the drive in the computer there is nothing on the drive.
01-21-2011 06:41 AM
I still can't get any help from HP. The problem is that I can't scan because Windows recognises the wireless printer bur does not recognise that it is also a scanner.