12-03-2010 09:59 AM
I have a Photosmart 3210 All-In-One. I'm running XP but I don't think what I'm seeing is a software, driver or connectivity issue. I've tried all the troubleshooting tips, hints and tricks here and I'm growing in the suspicion that there's a physical problem with the printer itself that's interfering.
How should I proceed?
12-15-2010 02:03 PM
I have the same printer and I have been fighting with this error for a long time. I still don't know how to fix it. I'm using Windows 7 and it just happened to me today when trying to make a copy using the printer buttons. I have learned in the past that if I need to make a copy and I get this error, I will have to go to the HP Solution center and click on "Scan Document" (to pdf) and it will scan the document and save it to pdf -- even when it says "scanner failure" on the computer screen. Then I can print the pdf document successfully.
Where is HP Total Care on this? I don't know.
I have also tried the recommended solutions and they do not work.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers