Question

Student
Rolhammer
Message 1 of 2 (655 Views)

Photosmart 3210 All-In-One Scanner Failure

I have a Photosmart 3210 All-In-One. I'm running XP but I don't think what I'm seeing is a software, driver or connectivity issue. I've tried all the troubleshooting tips, hints and tricks here and I'm growing in the suspicion that there's a physical problem with the printer itself that's interfering.

How should I proceed?

Honor Student
hpi7
Message 2 of 2 (599 Views)

Re: Photosmart 3210 All-In-One Scanner Failure

I have the same printer  and I have been fighting with this error for a long time.  I still don't know how to fix it.  I'm using Windows 7  and it just happened to me today when trying to make a copy using the printer buttons.   I have learned in the past that if I need to make a copy and I get this error,   I will have to go to the HP Solution center  and click on "Scan Document" (to pdf) and it will scan the document  and save it to pdf -- even when it says "scanner failure" on the computer screen.  Then I can print the pdf document successfully.

Where is HP Total Care on this? I don't know.

I have also tried the recommended solutions and they do not work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation