03-16-2012 01:21 PM
Hi folks, new on here with my new printer that I cannot get to scan over wireless network.
The steps I have taken so far are that it will scan if I type in the printers IP address in the address bar at top and do it via webscan.
It will not do it via the printer menu screen by pressing Scan>computer>SSID>document to file>start scan
Then I get a box up as below
I have gone through the steps as it says in this box and still the same.
Nor can I scan by Windows Fax & Scan.
I have updated the software with HP update and Windows Update also.
I'm running Win& 64 Bit OS with a Belkin router.
Am missing something as I'm going crazy trying to sort it.
Amny help would be much appreciated.
03-16-2012 03:43 PM
I am having the same issue with Officejet Pro 8600 Plus N911G on windows 7 64 bit machine only works on my other machine with Windows XP Pro loaded.
What operating version are you running?
03-17-2012 02:10 AM
Thanks, that is what I am seeing also with the Windows 7 64 bit machine. I have gone through many steps to try and get this working still fighting it if I get it working will let you know what I found.
03-17-2012 02:16 AM
I have just about exhausted all avenues I can think of.
I'm beginning to think it must be router related as you say but heaven knows how I can find a solution.
I have a Belkin router so will try and give them a call. Is yours a Belkin by any chance?
Might just take it back to the shop, ink has about ran out anyway lol
03-17-2012 03:40 AM
My router is netgear WNDR3700 but like I said the XP machine on the same router works makes me think it is more windows 7,
The new machine officejet is a replacement for an older officejet that the scanner worked on but had printing issues it was running on windows 7 so think it might be the software that they are loading with the newer machines.
04-05-2012 12:49 PM
No I have not gotten an answer, I have been able to get it to scan to a network folder (external drive) so I have been doing it that way. I am still not able to scan to computer directly.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers