Question

Honor Student
YorkyTosh
Message 1 of 9 (2,372 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart 5515 scan software problem

How can I scan a multi page document into ONE pdf file rather than many separate pdf pages. There seems to be on option in the software to multi scan and its an irritation to have to scan each page and then attach multi pages to emails to forward the content.

I used to be able to do this on my last Cannon printer - this seem a poor bit of software if I cannot do it again.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 9 (2,366 Views)

Re: Photosmart 5515 scan software problem

Hi,

You do able to scan a multipage PDF:

If you want to scan a document with several pages into one file instead of multiple files, start the scan with the Printer Software instead of selecting Scan from the control panel:

1. Click the HP Photosmart 5515 icon from the desktop.
  2. Click Scan a Picture or Document.
  3. Select the Document to File shortcut (The PDF icon).
  4. Click Scan.
  5. Use the Plus icon to add pages.

If the scanned pages still seperated, follow steps 1-3 and click the Advanced Settings.

Make sure the option to create seperate pages is not checked.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
KGnNE
Message 3 of 9 (2,359 Views)

hello ... sounds like you know your HP stuff ... wonderful!

i have a Photosmart 5514 ... i have scanned over 20,000 pictures onto my iMac recently.

the problem i have is picture size ... my scanner can hold a 8x12 picture easy ... but the scanned image is ALWAYS 1/4 (or smaller) of that. i need help or does that all this scanner can do?

thanks for your time!

k

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 9 (2,351 Views)

Hello,

Are you launching the scan from the Mac or from the printer front panel?

I guess you use the front panel option?

If os, please follow the steps below, otherwise clarify which application used to scan.

If your OS is OS X 10.7 Lion, install the patch below first, otherwise skip right to the steps below:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL41827/mp-101648-1/HP_Scan_for_Mac_OS_X_10.7_Update.dmg

Now change the device settings as following:
1. Open the HP Utility and select your device.
2. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
3. Click the "Scan Tasks" tab.
4. Select the Scan Shortcut used to scan, then click Edit.
5. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle to enlarge the menu.
6. From the enlarged menu now open the drop-down menu next to Crop To and set as None.
7. Click OK and try scanning again.

Please let me know of any change,
Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
YorkyTosh
Message 5 of 9 (2,345 Views)

Great stuff - spot on and grateful for your time in replying.
Mike
Student
manunited46
Message 6 of 9 (1,926 Views)

lost my disk to down load

Student
SkyBlueJan
Message 7 of 9 (927 Views)

The icon for adding pages for scanning has disappeared so I have to scan individual pages each into a seperate pdf - how do I restore the plus page icon?

Retired
Lil_Lisa27
Message 8 of 9 (922 Views)

Hi SkyBlueJan,

I understand that the adding pages to scan has disappeared from the scanning software, and that you are not able to scan multiple pages at one time. My first suggestion would be to uninstall and reinstall the software as their could be a glitch in the software.

I have included a link Uninstalling the Printer Software, as well I have included a link for HP Photosmart 5515 e-All-in-One Printer - B111a Drivers

If this does not resolve the issue for you to be able to further assist I would need to know what version of windows you are running. I have included How to find which operating system you are running.

Please let me know if this has resolved your issue. Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
Honor Student
YorkyTosh
Message 9 of 9 (916 Views)

Hi,

Accept as Solution plus arlier responses solved my original query, but thanks for this advice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation