04-02-2012 07:36 AM
I've had enough! I have tried every solution on this forum and the scanner function for this multifunction Photosmart 7510 printer DOES NOT WORK! I use Windows7 64-bit. I've installed the 7510 as a wireless printer and as a usb printer. I have instlled and unistalled the software many times trying every solution available. I ran the scan diagnostics utility and it stops at the WIA driver. I've skip that to check the twain driver and I get the same thing: no driver. It doesn't matter if it's wireless or usb setup. I am exhausted trying to find a solution. I am at the point of contacting the attorney general for the state of minnesota to complain. There are many others with the similar problem I have. My old Epson 4180 works with 64-bit Windows 7 but the new Photosmart 7510 multifunction unit is dead to the world of scanning. I am not going to try another work-around cryptic solution to fix this. Furthermore, I will not exchange this printer for a refurbished printer either. I paid for a new printer that is supposed to work out of the box. This does not work. I have had it! HP you are loosing a customer unless you come up with a solution.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers