Question

Top Student
RonnieNB
Message 1 of 16 (951 Views)

Photosmart 7510 won't scan.

When I go to scan (either usb or wireless), I get a message that it can't find the scanner. My computer has no problem finding the printer (either usb or wireless). My drivers, etc are up to date.

I also can't seem to get TWAIN working in Photoshop. I downloaded the "Super" driver package, updated it, but still no luck.

Any suggestions for next steps?

Thanks

Ron

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 16 (927 Views)

Re: Photosmart 7510 won't scan.

What OS are you using?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
RonnieNB
Message 3 of 16 (906 Views)

Windows 7

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 16 (877 Views)

Which edition of Widows 7 do you have, Starter, Home, Pro, or Ultimate?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
RonnieNB
Message 5 of 16 (872 Views)

Home Premium Service Pack 1

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 16 (868 Views)

Try uinstalling again, but before you reinstall, clean up the registry and system.  This tool will take care of all of it, or you can do it manually, that's up to you.  You need to make sure it gets done though.  Once you do the registry clean and system clean up, reinstall the printer's software from a fresh download.  If it's still giving you problem, try scanning with MS Paint.  Let me know what happens.

Signature
Top Student
RonnieNB
Message 7 of 16 (838 Views)

I followed your instructions: uninstalled everything HP, ran the utility to clear out the registry, did the fresh install. I'm still having the same problem: scan software can't find the 7510. The reverse is also true - the scanner can't find the printer. Again, printing is working fine.

This is frustrating!

thanks

Ron

Honor Student
simsark
Message 8 of 16 (831 Views)

Please let me know if you find a solution to this problem....I am having the problem! :[ .
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 9 of 16 (830 Views)

Make sure that your WIA services are started and running.  If the WIA services are turned off, the PC won't let scanning happen.

1. Click on the start menu.
  2. In the search box, type services.msc and hit enter.
  3. Scroll down untill you see Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
  4. If the it is stopped, start it.  If it's started, restart it.  Make sure its "Startup Type" is set to automatic.
  5. Scroll up to Shell Hardware Detection.
  6. If the it is stopped, start it.  If it's started, restart it.  Make sure its "Startup Type" is set to automatic.
  7. Scroll up to Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
  8. If the it is stopped, start it.  If it's started, restart it.  Make sure its "Startup Type" is set to automatic.

Let me know what you find.

Signature
Honor Student
simsark
Message 10 of 16 (828 Views)

Unfortuantely, it didn't work for me! Thanks for this suggestions. By the way, I have a slightly differant model will this suggestion differ. I have a L7555 OfficeJet Pro.
Any help would be appreciated!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation