Question

Student
Hashbrown_S
Message 1 of 9 (11,262 Views)

Photosmart B110A Scanning

I had my Dad set up my Printer because I tend to be a bit useless and it's working perfectly.

However, I actually purchased this Printer mainly for the scanning and I can't get it working at all. I want to scan photos to my PC but I get the follow message.

"Scan Error

Try scan from computer or see documentation.

Press OK."

Any help will be appreciated. Cheers.

Master's Graduate
phttech
Message 2 of 9 (11,241 Views)

Re: Photosmart B110A Scanning

make sure you have the latest drivers for your system

Download drivers and software

then if needed run this tool

HP Scan Diagnostic Utility

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
Honor Student
ThomasJonApple
Message 3 of 9 (11,203 Views)

What happens when you try to scan from your computer? do you get a different error message?

So start the software from the computer and initiate the scan there (NOT from the touchscreen).

Student
zhuyan0704
Message 4 of 9 (11,015 Views)

Hi I have the same issue.  I finally managed to scan from my Macbook however still unable to directly scan from the touch screen of the printer itself.  Not sure whether it's a bug or something missing from my Macbook?

Would appreciate some feedback and guidance from HP.

The printer is connected via my wifi at home.  Printing via wifi is like a breeze however scanning directly from the printer/scanner is stil  an unresolved issue

B51 Honor Student
Honor Student
B51
Message 5 of 9 (10,889 Views)

Exactly same problem for me. Tried Hp solutions centre, it says installation not complete*. BUT Hp home network diagnostic identified computer and printer and confirmed both are working and fully connected wirelessly.

*Had initial problems with wi-fi print, so have already uninstalled and re-installed B110a three times - now does wireless print fine, but when I came to try scan to pc I get the same scan error message. 

Don't know what to try next, I'm very non-techie - how do I 'scan from computer' anyway?

There are actually several posts on this problem, none with answers though. :smileysad:

B51 Honor Student
Honor Student
B51
Message 6 of 9 (10,847 Views)

Think I have finally sorted this one out. Download FULL drivers package (I went through HP printer diagnostics to get to this).

When main install screen appears select 'ADD Device' and follow it through - my B110a now works perfectly, and wirelessly, for both printing and scanning.

I usually scan from computer to B110 and back to computer (to name and save) using HP Solution Centre as it’s easier than fiddling about with the touchscreen but it should work either way.

Hope this solves your problem.

Student
janipain
Message 7 of 9 (10,754 Views)

how do you scan from computer? i cant find an option for this anywhere and it doesnt say anywhere in the instructions

B51 Honor Student
Honor Student
B51
Message 8 of 9 (10,750 Views)

Hi - this isn't too difficult, if it was I wouldn't be able to do it! 

I am assuming that you can print wirelessly but can't scan? If not you may need to re-install the printer/copier/scanner.

Assuming for the moment that you can print wirelessly - you need to get to HP Solution Center - look in Programs, select 'HP' folder - you should see a number of options, first one usually being HP Solution Center (recommend you right click on this to send to desktop as a shortcut, it's quicker to use that way!). Open this and follow instructions, you may need to enter the printer model or it may be able to sense it automatically (can't remember which, sorry).

You should end up with a screen offering option to scan either picture or document (amongst other tools). Try whichever scan you need - it's a learning curve from here because you can set it for what type of scan, resolution etc depending on what you want. To keep it simple to start with, just run it as it's already set - you'll soon get the idea.

If you have any problems run HP printer diagnostic tools first (Google it if not in your programs), once you have gone through this it gives you the option of going to the Solution Center anyway.

Hope this sorts it out for you - happy scanning!

Student
Bronya
Message 9 of 9 (433 Views)

I have a new pc with windows 8, had trouble setting up printer as apparently not compatible, however printer is now printing, but I cannot find an option to scan from pc, please can someone help.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation