12-06-2010 03:35 PM
Photosmart C309a just stopped copying when I place items manually on the glass. When I press "copy", either from the menu or from the shortcut key, the sheet feeder rollers roll but the copier does not pick up on the fact that something has been placed on the glass, or that nothing is in the sheet feeder. Then I get an error message of "Original jam -- Reload document and then restart job." I can copy sheets through the feeder just fine, but cannot open up the lid and put something down on the glass to get copied. New problem, just started. Have turned off and on, unplugged, etc. a few times. Nothing works.
12-08-2010 05:49 AM
I don't have the answer; mine is doing the same thing. I have even removed and reloaded the software and still the same problem. In addition it will only scan from the computer.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers