Photosmart C309a stopped copying from glass (199 Views)
Honor Student
lawyermom
Message 1 of 3 (199 Views)

Photosmart C309a stopped copying from glass

Photosmart C309a just stopped copying when I place items manually on the glass. When I press "copy", either from the menu or from the shortcut key, the sheet feeder rollers roll but the copier does not pick up on the fact that something has been placed on the glass, or that nothing is in the sheet feeder. Then I get an error message of "Original jam -- Reload document and then restart job." I can copy sheets through the feeder just fine, but cannot open up the lid and put something down on the glass to get copied. New problem, just started. Have turned off and on, unplugged, etc. a few times. Nothing works.

Student
Message 2 of 3 (181 Views)

Re: Photosmart C309a stopped copying from glass

I don't have the answer; mine is doing the same thing.  I have even removed and reloaded the software and still the same problem.  In addition it will only scan from the computer. 

Honor Student
lawyermom
Message 3 of 3 (178 Views)

Re: Photosmart C309a stopped copying from glass

Exactly. Mine won't scan except from the Photosmart. What a piece of junk this unit is!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation