12-08-2010 06:22 PM
Hello, I am having an annoying problem, I am hoping to get some help with it.
i have a Photosmart Printer - C4795 and for the life of me I cannot get it to scan to either of my computers. It does absolutely nothing when I used the controls and tell it to scan to the Laptop Wirelessly. The printer is connected via USB to the Desktop computer and Should i used the Printer controls to tell to scan to the Desktop, I have the same problem. The printer will not scan.
If I use the commands in the computer (clicking the scan Icons) there is no response
The error message I get when i use the On printer buttons is (Scan Error Try Scan From Computer or Use Documentation)
Nothing happens when Scan from computer.
My work around is to scan to a SD Memory Card and use the availabel card reader to save the scan. but It is annoying - mostly becaue the first few times i try to scan using the card, i get a "unlock Card" error message - even though the card is not locked.however, after a couple of tries, this problem is resolved.
What am i doing wrong?
My laptop is Windows 7 Home Ed.
My desktop is Windows XP SP III
Yes this problem persists after a fresh install of the printer drivers etc. AND persists even after a Fresh XP install
05-08-2011 04:19 PM
I need to know how to get my printer to scan papers to my computer and then send the scanned copies to an email address. I keep getting a scan error when I try to scan them to my computer. Thank you
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax