Question

Honor Student
Kayne
Message 1 of 3 (2,137 Views)

Photosmart C4795 Will Not Scan to Computer.

Hello, I am having an annoying problem, I am hoping to get some help with it.

i have a Photosmart Printer - C4795 and for the life of me I cannot get it to scan to either of my computers. It does absolutely nothing when I used the controls and tell it to scan to the Laptop Wirelessly. The printer is connected via USB to the Desktop computer and Should i used the Printer controls to tell to scan to the Desktop, I have the same problem. The printer will not scan.

If I use the commands in the computer (clicking the scan Icons) there is no response

The error message I get when i use the On printer buttons is (Scan Error Try Scan From Computer or Use Documentation)

Nothing happens when Scan from computer.

My work around is to scan to a SD Memory Card and use the availabel card reader to save the scan. but It is annoying - mostly becaue the first few times i try to scan using the card, i get a "unlock Card" error message - even though the card is not locked.however, after a couple of tries, this problem is resolved.

What am i doing wrong?

My laptop is Windows 7 Home Ed.

My desktop is Windows XP SP III

Yes this problem persists after a fresh install of the printer drivers etc. AND persists even after a Fresh XP install

Student
starbudtes
Message 2 of 3 (1,629 Views)

Re: Photosmart C4795 Will Not Scan to Computer.

I need to know how to get my printer to scan papers to my computer and then send the scanned copies to an email address. I keep getting a scan error when I try to scan them to my computer. Thank you

Student
nanapat8
Message 3 of 3 (790 Views)

Re: Photosmart C4795 Will Not Scan to Computer.

please help i have wireless hp photosmart c4795 i am tring to scan into my pc keeping getting error message

it does print from my pc

makes copy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation