Photosmart C7280 : Error 0xc05d0082 / Pump Motor Stalled (7206 Views)
Student
LeeLH
Message 1 of 12 (7,206 Views)

Photosmart C7280 : Error 0xc05d0082 / Pump Motor Stalled

Just installed new and original HP cartridges, but after power on and the print head move back and forth, the printer panel keep showing "Pump motor stalled', press OK.  I tried many times, sometimes it showed the above error code.

What should I do ? any recommendation?

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 12 (7,177 Views)

Re: Photosmart C7280 : Error 0xc05d0082 / Pump Motor Stalled

[ Edited ]

This document may help:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00489814&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3204785&tmp...

007OHMSS

I am a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Student
jamaicap
Message 3 of 12 (5,709 Views)

Hi,

The "pump motor stalled" message is still there.  It wants me to "push" something (a button, I think), but I can't make out what button I should push.  It is fuzzy on the screen. 

Can you help?

Top Student
mbt2616
Message 4 of 12 (5,135 Views)

Did not fix Pump Motor Stalled

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 5 of 12 (5,124 Views)

Photosmart C7280 : Error 0xc05d0082 / Pump Motor Stalled

mbt2616,

If you followed the steps linked above the printer likely requires servicing. You can reach out to support -- at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://goo.gl/kQDB -- for servicing options.

Best of Luck!
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
BigDummy77
Message 6 of 12 (4,444 Views)

There is another thread on here somewhere with 46 replys and here is the solution (for some it was temporary, and for others it was for good)  When you get that failure message about the Ink Pump motor stalled with the fuzzy button to push that is non existant, open up the lid and take ALL of the ink cartridges OUT of the printer.  Then put them back in real hard.  Press "OK" and Let the machine go thru all its Grinds and checks and see if it works.  If it don't work for you, try it again, but shut the machine off and have it re-boot.  Try to print and you may get the same message.  Take out ALL of the ink cartrideges again and put them back in (NOT ONE AT A TIME, but TAKE THEM ALL OUT).  Press OK and it should work.  NOW if it doesn't work, then call the HP service number in your manual 1-800-474-6836 and talk to the indian guy or lady (they claim there is no true fix for this) and they will give you an UPGRADED refurbished printer (Photosmart 7510 e 311) for $119 bucks (normally a $200 printer) plus a $1 charge making it a two year warranty for this machine (you have to pay your state tax also on this)...free shipping, and you can keep your C7280 All in one for junk or they will pay you to send it back to them.  The perk to this machine is there is less ink cartridges to buy (cheaper) AND if one runs dry, you can STILL PRINT on it - unlike the current machine you have.

Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 7 of 12 (3,732 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just fixed this error for a friend. They had already replaced all the cartridges with new ones. I Tried all the stuff above (except service) to no avail. Here is the order of operations that fixed it:

1) Removed all cartridges, unplugged power, waited 30-60 seconds, plugged power back in, waited for install cartridge message, unplugged power again, waited again, plugged power in again, installed cartridges... nothing. Got the steps from a support document and this thread (more or less). I did this three times and tried other variations. I believe it is supposed to have something to do with priming the ink for the off-axis ink delivery system, but I don't think this did much if anything - for me.

2) Cleaned the encoding strip and wheel with isopropyl alcohol. The encoding parts are the clear thin plastic strips on the inside of the printer. The strip is long and thin and runs the length of the printer and sits just behind the carriage. The wheel is to the far left - round thin clear plastic. I used a cotton swab (Q-tip) and soft tissues. Note that doing this might actually cause problems if the little dried dots of ink become reconstituted and smear. But, I figured the printer was dead otherwise and I thought the carriage might not be fully engaging to the left - where the pump gears are driven from those little white nylon gears and the strip and wheel are used to help count the motor steps for movement. I made 2-3 passes to get all the old ink off. This *may* have helped... If I were to do this again, I'd start at step 3.

3) This is what I think did the trick (along with the power cycles):
- unplugged the power cord.
- waited 20 seconds (and pressed power button with cord unplugged).
- Pressed and held the buttons # and 3 at the same time.
- Plugged power cord in while still pressing buttons.
- Continued pressing buttons until NVRAM message appeared on display, then I let go.
- Went through menu and printed a test page - WaHoo!

Hope this helps others out there.

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Student
rollerblader111
Message 8 of 12 (3,424 Views)

Hi Raster Blaster!

Thank you for your helpful post! I am trying to help my mom fix her printer. I tried step one and it worked once before but this time it is not working. I skipped step two and I am going to try step three first, but I have a couple questions. You said that you:

a. waited 20 seconds (and pressed power button with cord unplugged).
b.  Pressed and held the buttons # and 3 at the same time.
c. Plugged power cord in while still pressing buttons.

d. Continued pressing buttons until NVRAM message appeared on display, then I let go.

(I added letters for refernce.)

Did you continue pressing the power button when you were pressing # and 3 (step b)? If so, did you continue holding the power button down in step c also?

Finally, what is the NVRAM message? I think I know what it stands for, but what will it look like? Should I just wait until any message apears on the screen or wait for a specific one?

Thank you!

Crystal

Student
AJPDX
Message 9 of 12 (3,393 Views)

Hello, We had the same problem, and followed the instructions, but with one change.  When we plugged the power back in, the screen did not light up.  We let go of the power button and pressed again, then it showed RV... and went through the printer preparation.  And it worked!  You might need to experiment.  Good luck!

Student
bleebarnesjr
Message 10 of 12 (3,155 Views)

pump motor stalled

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation