07-22-2010 01:34 PM
I have a C7280 All-in-one that has been a bit of a pain since I have had it. It works OK, but it sure makes me think twice about getting another one.
Anyway, I have had this for about a year and a half and never tried to scan to a memory card so I was trying it and it's placing a file on the memory card called .HPIMAGE.VFS and I'm not able to do anything with it. The manual says it's supposed to be a JPG. I scanned the MS database with no hits, which surprises me since it's their product that's doing this.
Can anyone explain what this is ,or why it's doing it, and what can I do to correct the situation so I can scan to a memory card?
07-27-2010 02:53 PM
Hi, I had this problem. I followed these steps and it does cause the VFS file not to be created.
NOTE: HP All-in-One printers may add a VFS file to memory cards inserted into the card slot; this happens when the "Faster Browsing" option is turned on; to prevent VFS files from being created on memory cards, press "Setup" on the printer, then select "Preferences," then choose "Enable Faster Browsing" and select "OFF."
I found the scanned file in a directory on the USB drive named DCIM.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax