Question

Top Student
bapoer
Message 1 of 2 (3,612 Views)

Photosmart C7280 Scan to USB Drive is unusable VFS file

I have a C7280 All-in-one that has been a bit of a pain since I have had it.  It works OK, but it sure makes me think twice about getting another one.

Anyway, I have had this for about a year and a half and never tried to scan to a memory card so I was trying it and it's placing a file on the memory card called .HPIMAGE.VFS and I'm not able to do anything with it.  The manual says it's supposed to be a JPG. I scanned the MS database with no hits, which surprises me since it's their product that's doing this.

Can anyone explain what this is ,or why it's doing it, and what can I do to correct the situation so I can scan to a memory card?

Top Student
Wayne_Brill
Message 2 of 2 (3,577 Views)

Re: Photosmart C7280 Scan to USB Drive is unusable VFS file

Hi, I had this problem. I followed these steps and it does cause the VFS file not to be created.

NOTE: HP All-in-One printers may add a VFS file to memory cards inserted into the card slot; this happens when the "Faster Browsing" option is turned on; to prevent VFS files from being created on memory cards, press "Setup" on the printer, then select "Preferences," then choose "Enable Faster Browsing" and select "OFF."

I found the scanned file in a directory on the USB drive named DCIM.

Cheers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation