02-23-2012 10:53 AM
I want to have incoming faxes printed from tray 2 with my Hp OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium, rather than tray 1. How do I set this up? I have a brand new Windows 7 64-bit system. Thanks for some help on this one!
02-27-2012 04:16 PM
You would need to set the Tray 2 as the default tray for Faxes and as well as set the printer drivers to use Tray 2 as the default. This way you could load plain paper in Tray 2 and have specialty paper on Tray 1.
To set the defaulty tray on the printer follow the steps below
1. Touch the right arrow button on the printer control panel
2. Touch Setup
3. Touch Preferences, Touch the down button
4. Touch Default Tray, Touch Tray 2
All incoming faxes should pull from Tray 2 at this point. Follow the steps listed in the document linked below to set the default tray to tray 2 when printing from your computer.
Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
07-01-2012 11:37 PM
having issues with getting a fax to print to tray two, the second tray is working in every other respect, but even with defult as tray 2 and tray one locked it still tries to print from tray one. what do i try next?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers