Question

Honor Student
grumpa72
Message 1 of 2 (113 Views)

Pro 8600 N911a scan not available.

I just setup a new refurbed 8600 N911(broken one was just returned) a printer and the scan feature does not work.  I finished downloading the latest software package and clicke on the "install a new printer" option.  However,  I cannot scan from the printer control panel.  I get the following message on my PC -

"The Officejet Pro 8600 was not found"  However, I am able to print, fax and copy from the printer. 

And the following messages on my printer panel -

"The scan could not be completed due to one or more of the following:

Connection to computer is lost.  The scan application on the computer is in use (it isn't). OCR application is not installed.  Please see computer screen.  "

All other functions seem to work well except the HP Solution Center says the installation isn't complete and to rerun the setup .

I am lost as to how to get the scan feature working and why I am getting these messages.  My old Officejet 5600 still works 7+ years later and I thought that this new one would be better.  Maybe.  Once I get things moving along.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance. 

PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 2 of 2 (95 Views)

Re: Pro 8600 N911a scan not available.

Hi grumpa72,

I hate to hear you are having issues.  From the information provided it appears the device did not configure or is not connected.  I need a bit more information to determine the best path to take.  Click Here to run the print and scan doctor.  Select your operating system, and then click next.  Once the options display click the + sign beside utility diagnostic tools, then click download next to print and scan doctor. Let me know the results of the tool as well as the information below, and we can go from there.

Needed information:

1. What operating system are you running

2. How is the unit connected?

3. Did you uninstall the software for the previous broken 8600?

Regards,

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation