08-27-2013 08:27 AM
I just setup a new refurbed 8600 N911(broken one was just returned) a printer and the scan feature does not work. I finished downloading the latest software package and clicke on the "install a new printer" option. However, I cannot scan from the printer control panel. I get the following message on my PC -
"The Officejet Pro 8600 was not found" However, I am able to print, fax and copy from the printer.
And the following messages on my printer panel -
"The scan could not be completed due to one or more of the following:
Connection to computer is lost. The scan application on the computer is in use (it isn't). OCR application is not installed. Please see computer screen. "
All other functions seem to work well except the HP Solution Center says the installation isn't complete and to rerun the setup .
I am lost as to how to get the scan feature working and why I am getting these messages. My old Officejet 5600 still works 7+ years later and I thought that this new one would be better. Maybe. Once I get things moving along.
Thank you in advance.
08-28-2013 02:18 PM
I hate to hear you are having issues. From the information provided it appears the device did not configure or is not connected. I need a bit more information to determine the best path to take. Click Here to run the print and scan doctor. Select your operating system, and then click next. Once the options display click the + sign beside utility diagnostic tools, then click download next to print and scan doctor. Let me know the results of the tool as well as the information below, and we can go from there.
1. What operating system are you running
2. How is the unit connected?
3. Did you uninstall the software for the previous broken 8600?
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
I work for HP.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers