06-05-2012 08:42 PM
I just reformatted my computer with Windows XP Service Pack 3, installed the HP Pro 8600 Plus drivers. Printing works fine. Scanning from the computer works fine. However, scanning from the printer control panel to the computer returns an "Scan Unsuccessful" error. I ran the HP Scan utility with no errors detected. Could this be a firewall issue? Any help would be most appreciated.
06-06-2012 07:29 PM
Yes a firewall could block the scan, especially where scans originated from the computer works correctly.
However, here is a document that may offer other help scanning from the printer itself:
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers