06-05-2012 08:42 PM
I just reformatted my computer with Windows XP Service Pack 3, installed the HP Pro 8600 Plus drivers. Printing works fine. Scanning from the computer works fine. However, scanning from the printer control panel to the computer returns an "Scan Unsuccessful" error. I ran the HP Scan utility with no errors detected. Could this be a firewall issue? Any help would be most appreciated.
06-06-2012 07:29 PM - last edited on 04-19-2016 10:11 AM by OscarFuentes
Yes a firewall could block the scan, especially where scans originated from the computer works correctly.
However, here is a document that may offer other help scanning from the printer itself:
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax