Question

Student
nishalj
Message 1 of 4 (1,487 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problems Receiving Faxes (HP Photosmart 7520)

I recently purchased a HP Photosmart 7520 -eAll-in-one printer. I am able to send faxes but am unable to receive them. When I am receiving a fax, this error message appears "Receive Failed". I have connected the printer from the port "1-LINE"  to my wall socket for the telephone service and have used a splitter to connect to my home telephone as well. 

When receiving a fax, do I answer the call from the printer or the home telephone?

What can I do to receive faxes correctly?

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 2 of 4 (1,447 Views)

Re: Problems Receiving Faxes (HP Photosmart 7520)

Hi nishalj,

It sounds like you have the printer connected correctly.  I would recommend not using a splitter.  Those can cause problems sometimes.  You can connect a telephone to the printer by using Ext 2.

Can you run a fax test and let me know the results?  If everything passes, there will be a report at the bottom of the fax test results.  The report will list the settings for the printer.  Can you give me all the settings.  An example would be:

Country        USA

Language     English

I will need both columns of information.  For help on how to run the fax test, see the following link.  Click Here 

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
PhD Student
Super_Dave
Message 3 of 4 (1,437 Views)

Hi nishalj,

If the fax gets to your fax machine before it fails, this narrows the possible causes.

Try this link.  Do steps 1 and 2, and then skip down to step 6.  The document is written for an older model Photosmart so the steps might be a little different but you should be able to follow the document.

Pay special attention to the length of the phone cord and any splitters.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01633010&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 4 of 4 (1,410 Views)

Hi nishalj,

Glad you were able to resolve your problem.  Let me know if I can do anything else to help.  Have a good day !

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation