Problems scanning/copying with HP Officejet 8600 pro (1086 Views)
Tutor
JerseyJoe44
Message 1 of 6 (1,086 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problems scanning/copying with HP Officejet 8600 pro

I have an HP all-in-one desktop computer running Windows 7 (64 bit). The HP Officejet 8600 pro printer is connected to the printer via a USB cable. The scan/copy is all verticle lines edge to edge of the paper. I ran HP's scan doctor software and it showed everything is working. Still no useable copy. Searched HP site and forum for solutions. Tried what i found. Still no fix found. I would attach a scan example, but I don't see any abilty to attach a copy to this post. Can someone help me resolve the issue?

Master's Graduate
ferRX
Message 2 of 6 (1,068 Views)

Re: Problems scanning/copying with HP Officejet 8600 pro

Does the scan looks like the next image ?

It´s probably a electric failure in the lamp.

1. Try changing to a different electric wall contact.

2. Check the scanner lamp, if it glows a bold light when the printer is turned on.

•  

3. Try to scan again and check the scanner function and how is working.

• If the issue persists, then it means that the scanner lamp has a hardware failure.
  • To contact directly to Hewlett Packard to ask for repair options available:

* Click on KUDOS star to say thanks :smileywink:   

* also Click on the button Accepted Solution if your question is answered.  

Tutor
JerseyJoe44
Message 3 of 6 (1,062 Views)

Of all the things I checked, the outlet was not one of them. Every time i work on a computer issue, I learn something new. I moved the printer power plug to a different outlet and all is fine. Thanks so much.

Master's Graduate
ferRX
Message 4 of 6 (1,023 Views)

:smileyhappy: Ok, I am glad to know that everything is fine now. :smileywink:

Regards,

ferRX.

Honor Student
mettler7
Message 5 of 6 (929 Views)

Besides constantly dealing with the lines in my scans. I also can't get it to scan more than 4 pages at a time reliably. As a Realtor, running back and forth and trying to scan 10/15 times to submit papers is just so frustrating. Please help!

Student
JFarmKS
Message 6 of 6 (331 Views)

Never had a problem with a HP printer.  Can not believe that changing which outlet on the power strip it was plugged into fixed the streaks in the scan function. It did! Can only guess their was some kind of static charge? Printer worked fine. Will have to remember this fix!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation