12-09-2012 08:17 AM
I have an HP all-in-one desktop computer running Windows 7 (64 bit). The HP Officejet 8600 pro printer is connected to the printer via a USB cable. The scan/copy is all verticle lines edge to edge of the paper. I ran HP's scan doctor software and it showed everything is working. Still no useable copy. Searched HP site and forum for solutions. Tried what i found. Still no fix found. I would attach a scan example, but I don't see any abilty to attach a copy to this post. Can someone help me resolve the issue?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-09-2012 05:56 PM
Does the scan looks like the next image ?
It´s probably a electric failure in the lamp.
1. Try changing to a different electric wall contact.
2. Check the scanner lamp, if it glows a bold light when the printer is turned on.
3. Try to scan again and check the scanner function and how is working.
- If the issue persists, then it means that the scanner lamp has a hardware failure.
- To contact directly to Hewlett Packard to ask for repair options available:
- Contact HP > http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html
* Click on KUDOS star to say thanks
* also Click on the button Accepted Solution if your question is answered.
12-09-2012 07:11 PM
Of all the things I checked, the outlet was not one of them. Every time i work on a computer issue, I learn something new. I moved the printer power plug to a different outlet and all is fine. Thanks so much.
03-06-2013 07:12 PM
Besides constantly dealing with the lines in my scans. I also can't get it to scan more than 4 pages at a time reliably. As a Realtor, running back and forth and trying to scan 10/15 times to submit papers is just so frustrating. Please help!
03-25-2014 04:58 PM
Never had a problem with a HP printer. Can not believe that changing which outlet on the power strip it was plugged into fixed the streaks in the scan function. It did! Can only guess their was some kind of static charge? Printer worked fine. Will have to remember this fix!