12-09-2012 08:17 AM
I have an HP all-in-one desktop computer running Windows 7 (64 bit). The HP Officejet 8600 pro printer is connected to the printer via a USB cable. The scan/copy is all verticle lines edge to edge of the paper. I ran HP's scan doctor software and it showed everything is working. Still no useable copy. Searched HP site and forum for solutions. Tried what i found. Still no fix found. I would attach a scan example, but I don't see any abilty to attach a copy to this post. Can someone help me resolve the issue?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-09-2012 05:56 PM
Does the scan looks like the next image ?
It´s probably a electric failure in the lamp.
1. Try changing to a different electric wall contact.
2. Check the scanner lamp, if it glows a bold light when the printer is turned on.
3. Try to scan again and check the scanner function and how is working.
- If the issue persists, then it means that the scanner lamp has a hardware failure.
- To contact directly to Hewlett Packard to ask for repair options available:
- Contact HP > http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html
* Click on KUDOS star to say thanks
* also Click on the button Accepted Solution if your question is answered.
12-09-2012 07:11 PM
Of all the things I checked, the outlet was not one of them. Every time i work on a computer issue, I learn something new. I moved the printer power plug to a different outlet and all is fine. Thanks so much.
03-06-2013 07:12 PM
Besides constantly dealing with the lines in my scans. I also can't get it to scan more than 4 pages at a time reliably. As a Realtor, running back and forth and trying to scan 10/15 times to submit papers is just so frustrating. Please help!