Question

Honor Student
michaeljoconnor
Message 1 of 6 (325 Views)

Problems with New Scanner HP Deskjet 4500

Just bought a new all in one HP Deskjet 4500.

Installed with Windows 7 64 bit.

Scanning isnt working.

Says "No scan options - refer to device documentation".

I have not found any documentation to remedy this.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike

Student
brubaby
Message 2 of 6 (310 Views)

Re: Problems with New Scanner HP Deskjet 4500

i am having the same issue and cannot figure it out

Honor Student
LPWard
Message 3 of 6 (301 Views)

I am having the same issue though I am using Windows XP.  I am using a WiFi connection.  Do I need a USB connection to scan?  If so, how will this affect my WiFi setup?

Honor Student
michaeljoconnor
Message 4 of 6 (273 Views)

After way too much trouble, and learning that this is a common problem, I found a fix... not ideal, but does the trick. Go to google and type the message below... the instructions are straight forward and worked in about 30 seconds. Good luck.

A 'No Scan Options' or 'Scan settings are not set' Message Displays on the All-in-One

Honor Student
LPWard
Message 5 of 6 (263 Views)

I believe my problem was due to inadequate product documentation.  Once I opened the HP Solution Center I stumbled onto the solution.  The Deskjet is working properly, but I would have had much less frustration and stress if the product had included a user friendly user manual.  I still do not know why the Scan button has this beside it: Scan (USB only).  Where is the documentation?

Top Student
brozojl
Message 6 of 6 (33 Views)

Scan on my deskjet 4500 still doesn't work. Uninstalled software. Reinstalled from CD that came with product and it still doesn't work. - WHY CAN'T HP PROVIDE A WORKING SCAN PRODUCT? It is not that hard, mybe they should hire some outside help to gt them into the 21st century!!

Error code: 8[(4,-2147221005,0)]

PLEASe tell me that you can provide scan services for you "all-in-one" printers!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation