01-03-2012 10:28 AM
Just bought a new all in one HP Deskjet 4500.
Installed with Windows 7 64 bit.
Scanning isnt working.
Says "No scan options - refer to device documentation".
I have not found any documentation to remedy this.
Any help is appreciated.
01-03-2012 04:03 PM
I am having the same issue though I am using Windows XP. I am using a WiFi connection. Do I need a USB connection to scan? If so, how will this affect my WiFi setup?
01-05-2012 08:53 AM
After way too much trouble, and learning that this is a common problem, I found a fix... not ideal, but does the trick. Go to google and type the message below... the instructions are straight forward and worked in about 30 seconds. Good luck.
A 'No Scan Options' or 'Scan settings are not set' Message Displays on the All-in-One
01-05-2012 06:53 PM
I believe my problem was due to inadequate product documentation. Once I opened the HP Solution Center I stumbled onto the solution. The Deskjet is working properly, but I would have had much less frustration and stress if the product had included a user friendly user manual. I still do not know why the Scan button has this beside it: Scan (USB only). Where is the documentation?
07-10-2014 10:18 AM
Scan on my deskjet 4500 still doesn't work. Uninstalled software. Reinstalled from CD that came with product and it still doesn't work. - WHY CAN'T HP PROVIDE A WORKING SCAN PRODUCT? It is not that hard, mybe they should hire some outside help to gt them into the 21st century!!
Error code: 8[(4,-2147221005,0)]
PLEASe tell me that you can provide scan services for you "all-in-one" printers!!
03-11-2015 12:59 PM
This did not help me. I did the first two steps to no avail. Eventually, I tried to download the HP Print Doctor but my guess is that it was not a file that was compatible with my Mac.
I will post a separate question asking for help with the scan.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers