Re-installation of Scanning software for Photosmart C4780 (732 Views)
Student
CABurton100
Message 1 of 2 (732 Views)

Re-installation of Scanning software for Photosmart C4780

I work for a charity which supports disabled adults with IT problems - so the problem has been passed on to me!

The printer/copier is a Photosmart C4780.

The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

The printer is functioning OK (wireless) and drivers are up to date.

I am not familiar with this particular printer but I am told that the software the client used for scanning has "disappeared" from the desktop.

Research informs me that the software I probably need to recover/install is HP Solution Centre (?)

I tried using the disk supplied with the printer but as it is for XP/Vista it refuses to go further than the initial checking step on Windows 7.

I have downloaded and tried to install the "HP Photosmart Full feature Software" for Windows 7,

PS_AIO_06_C4700_USW_Full_Win_enu_140_175.exe

but on running it informs me that the software is already installed and up to date.

So....

Is it likely that only the shortcut to the HP Solution Centre has gone missing from the desktop (but it is also missing from Start/Programs/HP software)?

If so can someone point me to the name and location of this software?

Or...

Is it possible to re-install just the scanning software as all other printing functions are OK and I want to avoid a full installation and configuration if possible.

thanks

Student
gabyjanes123
Message 2 of 2 (626 Views)

Re: Re-installation of Scanning software for Photosmart C4780

i also having problems with hp 4780 scanner spftware  dissa peared frpm desk top

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation