04-16-2012 08:30 AM
I work for a charity which supports disabled adults with IT problems - so the problem has been passed on to me!
The printer/copier is a Photosmart C4780.
The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
The printer is functioning OK (wireless) and drivers are up to date.
I am not familiar with this particular printer but I am told that the software the client used for scanning has "disappeared" from the desktop.
Research informs me that the software I probably need to recover/install is HP Solution Centre (?)
I tried using the disk supplied with the printer but as it is for XP/Vista it refuses to go further than the initial checking step on Windows 7.
I have downloaded and tried to install the "HP Photosmart Full feature Software" for Windows 7,
but on running it informs me that the software is already installed and up to date.
Is it likely that only the shortcut to the HP Solution Centre has gone missing from the desktop (but it is also missing from Start/Programs/HP software)?
If so can someone point me to the name and location of this software?
Is it possible to re-install just the scanning software as all other printing functions are OK and I want to avoid a full installation and configuration if possible.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers