03-28-2013 10:20 AM
Has anybody try to setup SMTP with SSL on a HP 9250C successfully?
I have tried many times using Google's SMTP Servers with Ports 465 & 587 and all I get is a "cannot communicate with email Gateway" message, I know as a fact that both ports work for my email client on a PC, but for some reason when I enable SSL on my HP 9250C it stops working, it can connect to SMTP without SSL, but not with SSL Enabled.
Any ideas? or is anybody from HP working on this Bug?
05-08-2013 04:02 PM
Here's an article from Google Apps documentation and support that talks about configuring your device to use SSL. You might need to add an SPF record and add the IP address to the Email Whitelist box in your Google Admin console.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax