Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

HP aser  Jet 3380, worked perfectly with the correct drivers, until W10 had an upgrade last year.

Now cannot can properly.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, xxTap!

HP Recommended

Basically this worked.  All I did was step 11, ran the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, removed all the bpd_scan and bpd_Software* files, restarted the HP OfficeJet 6500 (turned off and disconnected for 60 seconds) and started the HP Solution Center software.  Basically the software repaired itself after that, but I should mention that I have the HP Print and Scan Doctor software installed.  Eventually it worked as originally.  I didn't even have to reboot or uninstall/reinstall the software.  I don't want to say how much time I wasted on this issue until I finally found this fix.  In fact, the solution to this issue was first posted by Stephen McMaster on 12-21-2012!

HP Recommended

LJ 3380 still not performing the scan function.

It is not windows that is the problem.

It is HP that did not update its drivers on its web pages.

Why doesn't HP recognize they are the problem and provide the solution?

HP Recommended

Hi John (Teacher), hope you are still around as this question is for you.

I carried out all the steps in your list and deleted bdp_scan but I now have the following erorr message whenever I start up my computer or try to scan

The HP imaging device could not be found. Try the following steps

and then it goes on to list the steps which involve rebooting and uninstalling and installing the software, ending up by saying that I should reinstall the HP Photosmart software that came with the printer.

Where do I go from here please?

HP Recommended

Hi jjag2,

I just did this.  You need to remove everything that begins with bdp_, e.g. bdp_Software, etc.

You need to turn off and disconnect your printer from the power source for 60 seconds and then turn it back on.

Then try opening the HP Solution Center.  Hopefully, this will automatically fix the software.

If not, try rebooting.  If that doesn't help, uninstall and reinstall the software.

HP Recommended

HI PSS67

I have tried that procedure several times but something seems to be blocking the full installation of the HP Full Function software.

I have checked that all the BDP files are not present and so it does not seem to be that.

If I click on the scanning file itself, hpiscnapp.exe  it says that an element of the software is missing and it cannot operate without it. But it does not say what is missing.

So I then try the  latest HP Print and Scan Doctor but it reports that there is nothing wrong and does move the scanner bed up and down as a test.

I have tried to add a device by reinstalling the HP software but it says that it cannot detect the printer/scanner - despite the fact that when it was instally the main software originally it detected the printer/scanner OK.

So I am completely at a loss!!

HP have suggested that in these circumsatnces you can try their Extended Print Scanner, but it does not have optical charater recognition on it and so is a poor substitute for HP Solution Centre.

Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

Hi jjag2,

Sorry, but I didn't encounter such problems so I really don't know what to say.  All I can suggest is to completely uninstall all HP software and use the Windows Install Cleanup utility to remove everything starting with HP and bdp.  Then download the latest full version of the software for your Officejet and reinstall.  But I suspect that you have already done that.  As far as HP Print and Scan Doctor, also for me it would purportedly fix the scanner, but nothing changed.

HP Recommended

I am pleased to say that I have solved the problem.

I uninstalled the software, ran an L4 uninstall.

Then upgraded the windows 10 to the latest Anniversary update.

After that I wa able to run HP Solution Centre with no problem.

So I think the reason the scanner di not work after upgrading to windows 10 was beacuse the windows 10 upgrade did not install properly.

So I suggest to anyone else who might have this problem that before you take the steps outlined in this blog that you do this upgrade first

HP Recommended

HP needs to provide a new driver for this to work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.