Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Hi kdz,
Well, what I'm going to tell you might sound a bit weird but since the issue is occurring when you are trying to save the file and not during the scanning process (Such a thing happened to me just about once before with a customer which was using a different printer, but it's the same software)
And I suggested him to use a different connection type.
Now, since I believe that you are using a USB cable on your 6500 your other connection type would be an Ethernet cable.
I wouldn't suggest using a different USB cable because there might also be a problem with the printer's USB port.
Best of luck ~
HP Recommended

Thank you John GBP,

I am connected wirelessly.  I did however try to scan with a USB connection and got the same error at Finishing.  I tried it with an Ethernet cable from the printer to my wireless router and also directly to my computer with identical errors both times.

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

Problem solved....bought a new printer.

HP Recommended

Thanks. It worked for me !

HP Recommended

I am working with a HP Laserjet Color Pro MPF M 276nw, same issue after upgarding to Windows 10. I can the printer & scanner via USB cable connection but scanner does not work wireless, system tells me that 'scanner can't be found' and running the HP doctor does not fix it.

However I can print wireless, very slow though, and have access to the printer services. After having spent hours already with reinstalling etc. does anybody know whether the approach described above for an Officejet works also for a Laserjet? Thanks.

HP Recommended
Hi JonF14,
Sadly those steps are not going to work for you since your printer is a laser type machine.
However, since it's using PCL 6, there is an equal way to reach a proper solution.
Since its a laser jet printer and its software is not as old as version 14, the process is rather simple.
Download the full solution for your printer.
Extract the software by using winrar or any other extraction software.
One of the extracted folders should be called "UTIL" and in it you should be able to find the Scrubber file , run it and after it will finish it will ask you to restart the computer.
After the computer will start again head into- C:/Windows and in here look for the "twain_32" folder and change its name to "twain_32 old" and restart the computer again.
After it will finish restarting try to reinstall the software again.
Other then that, the problem might be caused by some kind of a software that might be blocking it, I may be able to tell if you have such a program if you can attach a picture of your program list which can be found at your control panel.
Best of luck~
HP Recommended

Hi John GBP, thanks a lot for the detailed insights. Unfortuntely they equally did not work, however I meanwhile got it to work:

It appears that the updated version of Bitdefender for Windows 10 is blocking the communication eg to an HP scanner. Interestingly enough it seems to be selective and does not do that for all HP programs, with the HP Scan & Capture I could scan which was misleading.  When I disabled the firewall protection I could get access to the scanner. I created a new rule for the firewall and voila, the system works again. 

Thanks again and maybe helpful also for others.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same problem with my printer (Officejet 8500) and I found this workaround: do not use the HP solution Center tool to launch a scan (it will fail with the error message you mentioned). Instead use directly the HP scan application that is located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin". The executable is named hpiscnapp.exe.

When I launch this executable the scanner is recogniezd and I can scan as I used to do before (before W10).

I thought the HP Solution Center simply started hpiscnapp.exe but strangely enough it seems to do something more resulting in this error.

This workaround worked for me and my 8500. Hope it will work for you

HP Recommended

I bookmarked this page so I could come back and thank you.  I was spinning my wheels way too long on this and your solution worked like a charm first time through!!  I am back scanning again!

HP Recommended

Try uninstalling printer software/drivers.. reinstalling.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.